[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• Those two presets are the same in the Kemper as well; it's not just a documentation error. And yes, they do sound identical.

That said, while I don't have hands-on experience with any of the drives being cloned, the new presets sound great to me, especially the OCD ones. Thanks again Kemper!

Yeah I have not thought about an error..... but I a was surprised that the "real pedals" sound the same with those settings :)

• If someone has a drop box account, I created and exported all of the ODs in the manual and would be happy to share them out.

That´s nice but I don't think it's necessary .

The presets are in the download page of Kemper for the beta. Even if you update it from Rig Manager you just can download the zip file and find a folder inside with all the new presets.

• I found the folder with the presets in the OS update zip file and tried to import them in Rig Manager - just got a swirling animation on the RM display next to the presets folder and nothing actually loading. Is there as specific step by step process for this. I tried importing to the folders that are already there and I also created a new folder for them in the preset area and neither work. After watching the animation swirl for 10 mins I closed and reopened RM and my new folder was gone and no new presets had been imported.

• I found the folder with the presets in the OS update zip file and tried to import them in Rig Manager - just got a swirling animation on the RM display next to the presets folder and nothing actually loading. Is there as specific step by step process for this. I tried importing to the folders that are already there and I also created a new folder for them in the preset area and neither work. After watching the animation swirl for 10 mins I closed and reopened RM and my new folder was gone and no new presets had been imported.

Have you updated to the required version of RM? are you trying to create the new folder in “all presets/local library”?

• paults - thanks for this reply - just what I needed to confirm I was on the right track.

Yes, I had updated rig manager to 140 and updated to OS 8 beta from RM.

I just had a 3rd go around with a restart of RM and managed - this time - to insert the 26 drive presets into the folder I created in all presets/local library. I copied the full set to the profiler from there.

• Here on my side everything worked fine, updated to lastet RM for the beta and installed the beta OS from the RM. After that I copied the presets from the .zip via drag&drop into my RM and that's it.

And I really love the Kemper Drive, it's amazing how many different styles you can dial in with those few knobs. :D I think I will hook up some of my Fortin Pedals and try to match them. Should be easy to get the vibe with a noise test signal running through the Kemper. 8o:love:

• Nice fix: on my Windows system, RigManager's directory actually is a link to a non default folder (from C: to D:). Former update processes with RigManager itself always were leading to a crash of the installation process, so I had to do it manually by invoking the downloaded new version. Now it works neat.:)

• Just checking out the presets - the Fulltone presets sound incredible with the Morgan AC20 rmpacheo profile. Klon presets are pretty handy also. These are going to be transformational for many players methinks.

• I had very few complaints about the Green Scream and was using it all the time but I can see how those new variables now make the overdrives much more refined and flexible. That's a pretty neat upgrade. Go Kemper!

• The Addendum shows that the two original pedals can sound the same, but their knobs are set to different values when they sound the same.

• great addition Kemper team :) I'm updating right now and will give my feedback and maybe some clips later

I've got a bluesbreaker clone to compare and a few fuzz boxes.

here is the preset list once you import them ( manually in my case ) to my RM preset folder :

• The SD-1 and TS808 sound the same at the settings shown in the Addendum pictures? lol if you've used them you know that ain't true.

While I have no doubt the new Kemper Drive sounds great, it purports to sound identical with various pedals with just a twist of the drive and EQ settings... no it won't. The Addendum lists various pedals under one umbrella, but they're pedals with different clipping topologies leading to verifiably different sounds.

CK's said before "Our Green Scream is really spot on," but we all know it ain't. When I read in the Addendum "These presets are sonically indistinguishable from the originals," I can't help but think this is another claim that ain't. It probably sounds great though, looking forward to trying it out.

Can anyone tell me what the Slim Down parameter is actually doing? The description is really unclear. Intensifies the tilt filter how? What's it slimming down exactly?

• Well, it is just my two cents, but I guess there is more in these simple controls than just what an analog EQ and drive would do. The interaction of those control is probably base on a complex algorythm. Anyways, we'll see by ourself very soon I guess!

• CK's said before "Our Green Scream is really spot on," but we all know it ain't.

Speak for yourself, but I've got an original TS9 modded by Analogman and a Wampler Clarksdale.

Pretty doggone close.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche