[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• I have this many Times when updating through Rig manager, just try again several Times, or restart RM

then it should work,

• And return to weird highs in KD ....

All of tube screamers .and most distortion pedals have passive lowpass filter .....on output stage ,,,

as i hear from kemper drive and Green screamer - model miss this filter .......

Real pedals don`t produce such high frequencies .......

• But now the sound difference is much less than in the previous examples!

Not out of balance at all.

I can go and tame these very high frequencies accordingly.

• All of this :thumbup::thumbup:

• And return to weird highs in KD ....

All of tube screamers .and most distortion pedals have passive lowpass filter .....on output stage ,,,

as i hear from kemper drive and Green screamer - model miss this filter .......

Real pedals don`t produce such high frequencies .......

Said passive lowpass filter is the tone control ...

• ckemper

Because it`s different takes .....and i lowered a bit gain on KD .....

overall character -is same ....

https://www.electrosmash.com/tube-screamer-analysis

it means in kd model it doing wrong ......

I recorded three analog OD pedals ...and none of them don`t produce such highs...

Do you listen my horizon pedal examples ....? they have huge difference in drive knob sound ......

• I did another small test with dynamic playing , from piano to forte

two takes,same guitar,same cable ....

I clearly hear how strange and unnatural sound produced by Kemper drive ....

(i hate this term - but it sounds "digital" )

and waveforms are completely different ... -real pedal acting smoothly with volume

with KD - volume curve remind some sharp jumps ....and when playing it feels same ....

• Hi!

I have not found a video from you in this thread. Can you post it again?

About taking analog ODs on the input: Over the years there have been hundreds of confirmations (because many people ask if it's good) that the Profiler - and any other digital modeler - take analog pedals without problem.

I know dosens of players personally that I talk to frequently, that use analog ODs with the Profiler since years.

The Clean Sens is not a hurdle for that. However, changing Clean Sens on the fly will change the boost of the OD, just like changing the ODs volume. That's a natural fact that cannot be avoided, but by leaving Clean Sens at zero or at an other preferred setting for the time being.

If an OD does not sound good with the Profiler, it might be about the Profile used. We could step into this topic further, if you like.

About headroom issues: What issue exactly are you referring to? We had at least 3 independent topics.

• And one thing ,,, with my hardware i have bunch of software (vst ) screamers,

Cytomic ,Bx,Audiority,Tse and most of them sounds really close to my pedals ...no harsh top end ...

good dynamics,fat and smooth tone ...i did a tons of tests for myself......

• This looks and sound like digital clipping.

I cannot reproduce this.

Is there any extreme volume settings involved (KD volume, Rig volume etc.) ?

Anyone else having this effect?

• Just now ,for clear experiment,- i rebooted kemper ,loaded my test profile and DI(which i uploaded on gdrive ) , reduced rig and main volume -to - 10 db and reamped it myself via analog , eventually - absolute identical result......

ckemper

i forgot one thing ,,, in case of my "dynamic" test ... real pedal and kemper drive -recorded in front input of KPA ...

with real pedal i just bypassed KD stomp ..leaving all my signal chain is empty ......

That suggest that the main or rig volume is not the problem ....

• Was SPDIF changed in any way with this new beta? I am now getting pops all the time and this is at 48khz using the profiler as master. I have tried it as slave too and it's the same. I know it's not my pc because it worked fine before I updated. FYI..

• Was SPDIF changed in any way with this new beta? I am now getting pops all the time and this is at 48khz using the profiler as master. I have tried it as slave too and it's the same. I know it's not my pc because it worked fine before I updated. FYI..

Yes

Audio

fixed: sound anomalies of Full OV in DLY and REV modules

improved: S/PDIF slave capability of classical PROFILER models built since 2019

added: new effect types Kemper Drive and Full OC

fixed: accidental sound anomaly of Spring Reverb

• Maybe I'm totaly wrong, look at your first picture, try changing "Location" from Input to Off. In my experience that raises gain a bit and I get at better playability. I Have locked all my Rig the way I describe it.

Input is set to alternative Inpuron the second Picture, this should be set to Front Input , cause alternative Input is much lower than front input