[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• Atlantic, I can hear the difference for sure as the KD and even the MBritt sound more compressed in comparison. Just as I had noticed.

The flavour of the Klon is there but just misses the mark with being overly compressed.

Thanks for the sound bites. ?

When you say "compressed" in this A/B comparison, as well as in yours, that means that the pedal volume does not push the amp the same way.

This is not a difference in sound or quality, but simply a mismatch in pedal volume.

Needs to be adjusted correctly for a valid comparison.

• I was just watching this and thought it could add up to the discussion since it is another interesting take on the Klon :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Around 2:30 ... he uses a Klon to replace a tube screamer to bump the mids ...

• Nice tone matching! To my ears, the profile with KD sounds more like your reference profile than the Ikon.

Yes. I agree. Could be my own lack of experience with the pedal or also that it is in front of the amp instead in the loop. Probably even if the Clean Sense was at -12 there still is some volume limit or compression within the signal before the stack that doesn't affect as much when the pedal is at the front imput.

But I think all of them are pretty close.

Atlantic, I can hear the difference for sure as the KD and even the MBritt sound more compressed in comparison. Just as I had noticed.

The flavour of the Klon is there but just misses the mark with being overly compressed.

Thanks for the sound bites. ?

I also can hear the difference. But I can tell you that playing through my monitors at home the feeling is completely there with all three signal chains. They all sound not only good, but very good. It's my playing what is lacking really.

• When you say "compressed" in this A/B comparison, as well as in yours, that means that the pedal volume does not push the amp the same way.

This is not a difference in sound or quality, but simply a mismatch in pedal volume.

Now that I am on it I am happy to test anything that you suggest to get things closer. I already wrote that I am learning a lot with all this.

• When you say "compressed" in this A/B comparison, as well as in yours, that means that the pedal volume does not push the amp the same way.

I did set the pedal for unity with the KD. Volume between the two are the same level and I also made sure the gain was as close as I could get. There is still a difference to the notes and the Kemper sounds more compressed or just not as open sounding. It’s not the sound quality as I can get them to sound pretty much identical (except for this one part).

I will continue to play around and see if I can get closer by using your suggestion.

• Yes. I agree. Could be my own lack of experience with the pedal or also that it is in front of the amp instead in the loop. Probably even if the Clean Sense was at -12 there still is some volume limit or compression within the signal before the stack that doesn't affect as much when the pedal is at the front imput.

But I think all of them are pretty close.

I also can hear the difference. But I can tell you that playing through my monitors at home the feeling is completely there with all three signal chains. They all sound not only good, but very good. It's my playing what is lacking really.

I agree sound wise they are really close if not almost identical. But there is still that compressed sound difference, the pedal just seems more open?
    The KD drives really do sound awesome

ckemper I played around with the volume on my pedal some more and you were right. I can get the KD to sound indistinguishable from the pedal. I guess I was pushing the input too much to match it, even though it did not sound like it.

I can’t match the sound I can get from pushing the pedal a bit, but I can recreate the pedal at certain volumes. I have new options now. ??

• I can’t match the sound I can get from pushing the pedal a bit, but I can recreate the pedal at certain volumes. I have new options now. ??

Hence the need of more flexibility regarding volume settings for the stomps before the stack. Right now if for whatever reason you crank the volume anywhere before the stack, the "limiter" kicks in. We all know that the volume compensation feature is great and many users rave about it. I think all of us want it to be there when it is needed. But it will also be great to have the stomps and amp behave in a more natural way, similar to real pedals into real amps.

CK is working on a solution, so let's give him time. He usually comes up with way more intelligent solutions than we expected so, I´m optimistic about it.

• I don't think anyone suggested the KD doesn't sound good, it was the debate on whether it can replicate certain sounds.

This also is relative to your comment about presets, where people are saying they don;t sound the same. However, I think it gives a good starter for those not having used a Klon before as a benchmark.

That might be the intention of those members but my perception of what they wrote was that the KD and OCD were disappointing. I respect everyone's right to opinions and expressing them but whether the onus is on the reader to interpret these posts differently or for the posters to write their opinions with greater clarity is another matter of opinion.

I just wished to state clearly that my feelings towards the updates were entirely positive.

• That might be the intention of those members but my perception of what they wrote was that the KD and OCD were disappointing. I respect everyone's right to opinions and expressing them but whether the onus is on the reader to interpret these posts differently or for the posters to write their opinions with greater clarity is another matter of opinion.

I just wished to state clearly that my feelings towards the updates were entirely positive.

I think think the new Kemper drives are awesome! I have also learned more about the Kemper along the way.
    So, not disappointed at all and I think it’s fine to ask question and try things. Especially with Beta releases. That’s what it’s about.

• I think think the new Kemper drives are awesome! I have also learned more about the Kemper along the way.
    So, not disappointed at all and I think it’s fine to ask question and try things. Especially with Beta releases. That’s what it’s about.

Exactly.It is a beta.And @CK is here listening,right?

Thing is many if not most of us are experienced enough to know how the profiler works.How to get all the easy "workarounds".How to use the tools we have to achieve the result we want.It is irritating that some of these people act as if they used the KPA for the very first time.

I mean..the Boosts are still there,same with all the EQs and the shapers.It is not that with the new drives all this stuff dissapeared, right? I know that all these tools are still there because I used them to get what I wanted for my needs..and I did so with great success..

As soon as @CK implements the solution for the leveling I expect perfect "klon clean boost" presets.But not from the kemper folks..

• Personally I really like the new Kemper Drive. I have a Klon Centaur on my analog board which has been in storage for a few years since I only use the Kemper through guitar cabs and very rarely use my analog amps. I'd have to dig out the Klon someday and do some comparisons.

However, I wonder: I used to stack overdrives on my analog board to achieve a big fat lead tone. For instance, I'd use a TS808 as my main drive pedal, but in the pedal chain, I always had the Centaur BEFORE the TS808 which I would engage to get the lead tone. I never had the gain dialed up on the Klon that much, however I did have the output of the Klon set pretty high to further drive the TS808 into overdrive. Does this work the same way on the KPA as well? So, if I'd put the Kemper Drive (or a Pure Boost for that matter) in front of the Green Scream with the Volume at say +5, it would actually just drive the Green Scream and not the overall rig volume per se? I'd have to try it out.

• Just spent some time with the Kemper Drive comparing to many ODs. I didn't bother with the presets, I only tried matching the pedals at my preferred settings with the Drive.

Amazingly it is fantastic, with one acceptation, IMO the Slim Down could have more extension in the low end. Meaning if turned down to 0.0 it cut less lows. Edit: As I look at it further maybe the correct idea is to give the option to add some lows. Maybe a negative setting?

I love it though!

Thanks for all the hard work ckemper and team!