[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• Amazingly it is fantastic, with one acceptation, IMO the Slim Down could have more extension in the low end. Meaning if turned down to 0.0 it cut less lows. Edit: As I look at it further maybe the correct idea is to give the option to add some lows. Maybe a negative setting?

That is a very good idea that goes in line what my findings comparing the KD with real pedals. In general I tend to need more extension in the low end that has to be compensated by using the tone knob or lowering the Mix knob to let thru more of the low end in the original signal.

Please deadpan also test this method and see if you get good results. when you need a bit more low end, lower the mix knob and see if you get it back. Let me know.

• That is a very good idea that goes in line what my findings comparing the KD with real pedals. In general I tend to need more extension in the low end that has to be compensated by using the tone knob or lowering the Mix knob to let thru more of the low end in the original signal.

Please deadpan also test this method and see if you get good results. when you need a bit more low end, lower the mix knob and see if you get it back. Let me know.

Hence the name "Slim Down" :)

To get more lowend, lower the drive knob.

• I must confess to being a bit late to the party in terms of updating to the new Beta OS and once I did for the life of me I couldnt find the new overdrives!

Finally after reading through a lot of this forum I found them and added them to my presets.

Now here's the thing, I didn't even know I had ANY presets available to me, imagine my surprise when I found almost 400.

Ive owned and loved my Kemper for almost a year but now ive found all these preset effects available to me, its like having a whole new unit.

Ive always tweaked with the effects whilst on a profile but having presets already done for you is so much easier. Some of the MB ones, in particular the Uni Gilmour are fantastic.

And yes some of the new overdrives are excellent and integrate with some clean profiles so well.

Happy all over again, the Kemper never disappoints.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• any suggestion settings for zendrive?

I would suppose that the Zendrive is a very different circuit than the KD. It is more a Dumble in a pedal (to put in front of a clean amp) than a classic overdrive. Of course Roben Ford use it for his lead tone in a real Dumble so he use it kind of as an overdrive. Anyway I agree that it could be a fun stomp to have!

• Now after I had my Kemper Stage for some 3 - 4 months I am selling all my pedals.

I do not need them any more.

One of the pedals is a JHS mod EHX Soul Food.

Very good pedal so I decided to do a comparison and connected it to my stage.

I am not a pro but I managed to tweak the Kemper drive so it was SO close and to be honest even though there was a slight difference (could probably be tweaked further) it was so close it was hard to decide which was the winner but I say Kemper Drive.

It is a fantastic piece of gear!!:thumbup::thumbup:

• are we ever going to be able to update using rig manager again????? I have already opened a ticket about this previously. Do I need to do it again? *sigh*

I had this same thing three times in a row with Rig Manager and then it finally worked. USB stick seems a lot more consistent.

• All good here with the update from Rig Manager. First try.

Oh V8guitar I don't know if I already told you. I was able to pick my remote from the rehearsal room and it worked perfect with the beta. I hope you have figured it out with yours.

• Oh V8guitar I don't know if I already told you. I was able to pick my remote from the rehearsal room and it worked perfect with the beta. I hope you have figured it out with yours.

Atlantic thank you for checking.

Yes I found the problem. The assignments to the remote were lost during my upgrade. Stupidly I didn't take a back up but actually I use very few stomps ( that I need to switch on and off) so a very quick fix/answer.

It means that my original Kemper cable still works!!!

• It means that my original Kemper cable still works!!!

That's nice to hear. It seems durable, even if it is a bit too stiff for my taste.

Ok, back to OS 8.0 then.

ckemper did the stable version have any changes regarding volume management of the stomps? Or it still is a future project?

I did not have the time to test it yet but it would be nice to hear from you about it.