Profile Just a CAB

• I've managed to Profile Just the Amp (DA Profile) and to profile a complete Rig (Studio Profile) and than get a Meged profile taking the Cab of the Studio but..

Wouldn't be easier to have the option to Profile just a CAB?

Let's say I'm useing a DA profile on a real cab with a Power KPA,

the Kemper machine Knows exactly what's putting out.. so sending the 'profiling sound test' to That cab it should have to be able to create a 'Just Cab' Profile, isn't it?

• This makes me wonder though.

Changing cabs from clean profiles verses distorted profiles I feel have been very different.

Like the distorted one has the info to be distorted and the clean one doesn't and always seems more loud and less compressed compared to the distorted one. This also works in reverse. What y'all think?

• You could with a flat solid-state amp.

I don't think I've got You clearly: If you do a profile with a flat solid-state AMP + a miced CAB the Kemper will create a Studio Profile with an AMP module and a CAB module. . then the 'Cab Driver' will extimate whitch part is what.

What I ask is: as far as KPA is Able to Get a Profile Without a CAB portion (flagging this option Before profiling) Would it be Possible to Create a profile Without the AMP portion?

Let's say Creating an IR...

• I don't think I've got You clearly: If you do a profile with a flat solid-state AMP + a miced CAB the Kemper will create a Studio Profile with an AMP module and a CAB module. . then the 'Cab Driver' will extimate whitch part is what.

What I ask is: as far as KPA is Able to Get a Profile Without a CAB portion (flagging this option Before profiling) Would it be Possible to Create a profile Without the AMP portion?

I think you you're missing it, if you profile with a flat amp you are basically profiling just the cab and mic. You would then save that cab block as a preset and add that to any other profile.

• yes I see, but.. don t you think in this way the cab drive would put a part of the 'Just cab' profiled as Amp portion? .. and so, when You save the CAB module You miss a part, getting the result a bit too much aproximative?

Have You already tried?

Does it works ?

If You turn the AMP module Off and On can You say there are no difference?

Anyway You should have to put an amp (I Also mean Buy a linear solid state amp) than profile it, then save the cab portion as a new cab. Right?

Wouldn t be easier to inform the KPA "You re going to profile without the amp" so "please create a profile with NO AMP Module" ?!?

• if the amp is solid state and is flat, there is no sonic character being profiled that would get mixed or mashed. Only studio profiles will have some of the power amp character in the cab section if its a tube amp.

"Anyway You should have to put an amp (I Also mean Buy a linear solid state amp) than profile it, then save the cab portion as a new cab. Right?" This is correct.

You can also switch the amp block module out for any other amp block module from any profile.

So you could profile the solid state flat amp with cab and mic, save that. Then press and hold the cab button, press the store button, then press the soft button that says cab module and now that cab and mic only is stored as a cab preset you can turn the browse knob while in the cab section to find under presets.

Or, make the profile, save it, the long press the amp button, then turn browse knob and select any amp from any other profile.

You could also lock the cab button and scroll through all the profiles to audition the cab with other profiles. Cheers!

• Wouldn't be easier to have the option to Profile just a CAB?

Let's say I'm useing a DA profile on a real cab with a Power KPA,

the Kemper machine Knows exactly what's putting out.. so sending the 'profiling sound test' to That cab it should have to be able to create a 'Just Cab' Profile, isn't it?

That what you discribe is called Impulse Response (IR) it describes the "Profile" of an Speaker or CAB.
    Check out some Videos about

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.youtube.com/result…=diy+impulse+response+cab

Be the force with you ;)

• "Wouldn t be easier to inform the KPA "You re going to profile without the amp" so "please create a profile with NO AMP Module" ?!?"

It really isn't any more or less easier, if it's flat solid state amp it's not gonna work harder and even after it's done you could just turn the amp block off and save it that way too. So regardless it's the difference of merely pressing one button.

Even if you could plug the Kemper directly into a cab and mic it to profile them it would still have to go through the same process.

• That what you discribe is called Impulse Response (IR) it describes the "Profile" of an Speaker or CAB.

yes exactly! like I wrote in post #4 ''

I don't think I've got You clearly: If you do a profile with a flat solid-state AMP + a miced CAB the Kemper will create a Studio Profile with an AMP module and a CAB module. . then the 'Cab Driver' will extimate whitch part is what.

the feature Requested is: Could You please (Kemper) improve the machine so that it will be Possible to Profile just a CAB? (thread title)

• "So regardless it's the difference of merely pressing one button.

Even if you could plug the Kemper directly into a cab and mic it to profile them it would still have to go through the same process.

No sorry I do not agree, in terms of time, necessary gear, and, I guess, quality of final result.

• Yoda Guitar I mean I'd like Kemper to send a test signal as described here (6:30 or so)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

from 20 to 20kHz instead of the classic 3 phase sound* and let us grab ''the CAB'' without using anything else (SS amp, PC, Software..) just the cab and mic.

*During the first phase, you will hear white noise with a rising amplitude. The PROFILER is now collecting data about the frequency response of the reference amp. The frequency response will change dramatically as the gain increases. This is how the PROFILER learns about the circuitry of the reference amp and the frequency response of the guitar cabinet. Also, the characteristic impedance curve of the speaker, including its feedback to the power amp, is detected in fine detail.

In the next phase, slowly pulsating white noise is sent to the reference amp. The volume of the white noise is set to a level at which the reference amp starts to distort. This is how the PROFILER learns about the dynamic distortion curve of the tubes in the reference amplifier. Using this information, the PROFILER can recreate that curve with the highest possible accuracy. This is also true for transistor-based, as well as digitally modeled, distortions.

In the third step, the PROFILER sends a complex tonal texture that follows a mathematically based set of rules to the reference amp. This texture creates unique interference patterns that allow the PROFILER to take a “fingerprint” of the DNA of the reference amp’s sound. The distortions of the speaker, along with the partial pattern of the loudspeaker diaphragm (also known as “cone breakup” are excited by this tonal mixture. They complete the characteristic interference pattern that the PROFILER will reproduce faithfully, once the measurements have been taken.

Edited 2 times, last by Sollazzon ().

• Since merged profiles know the real separation between amp and cabinet, if you just save the cabinet from any merged profile to a preset wouldn't that be what you're describing?

You can also do this with any Studio profile, and the resulting cabinets are easily as good as an IR. They just wouldn't necessarily be as accurate to the original since they'd be based on the Kemper's guess at how to separate amp from cab. I use cabs from studio profiles all the time and find no issues with quality. Any I like, I just save as presets to try with other rigs.

• Since merged profiles know the real separation between amp and cabinet, if you just save the cabinet from any merged profile to a preset wouldn't that be what you're describing?

No, I would like to Capture new cab, not to switch a cab from one RIG (Merged or Studio) to another