Any Dunlop volume X users?

• I got the Vol X last night to use it solely as an EP/Wah with my Stage. Set up Wah wah in the block, set to On (not heel down off) and it kept going to volume off in the heel down position. The Dunlop manual did not cover this. I did try the internal trim pot per their manual which did not change anything.

What am I missing?

• I have one. Make sure whichever input you're using on the Stage is set to Wah and not volume. You then check the link Wah>Vol (or the reverse...I forget).

Bottom line - set the pedal type to wah and it should function as you want.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• First you can control ion page Pedal Links in the Pedals menu, if your pedal controls exactly what you expect.

If your intent is just a dedicated wah pedal, the wah bar should always follow your pedal, heel = minimum, toe = maximum. And no other ar shold follow at any time.

If that is the case and you are still losing the guitar signal in some situations, check your wah settings. Perhaps the wah filters are too extreme. Srat with one of the eah presets e. g. "Cry".

• Ok pedal 3 Wah -got it that was a missing link!

Burkhard where are the Cry or other settings I'm missing? I only saw Wah at the top of the Wah block, then hi pass low pass. Would being plugged into EP input one mistakenly cause it to not give me the 'Cry' option mentioned?

• Ok pedal 3 Wah -got it that was a missing link!

Burkhard where are the Cry or other settings I'm missing? I only saw Wah at the top of the Wah block, then hi pass low pass. Would being plugged into EP input one mistakenly cause it to not give me the 'Cry' option mentioned?

if you set up the wah on the stage you will see the different ways show up in the menu. I don't think you can change the wah model through the Kemper editor though.

• Good to know but a bit lame, the editor should have all those, easier to see, and it's an 'Editor' right??

Thanks!!

The editor is still a work-in-process. Sorry you misunderstood my message. Should have said to go into System settings.

• Unless I misunderstand, you wouldn't find Wah types under System. They are presets. You should be able to find them in Rig Manager under All Presets, or you can see whatever presets you have local from the Browse button on your Kemper. Select the slot you want for your wah, then use Browse setting Category to Wah, then picking a preset.

• Ruefus

So, system settings, find Wah then I can choose type of wah?? I'll try it tonight, thanks!

Yep. Input 3 is set up as a wah by default. But you can set it, or any other input to whatever function you want. For me, input 3 is set as for volume right now. Using a Wah block without setting the pedal for Wah won't work with it this way.

Make sure you set the pedal link (I believe the page on the Stage is Pedal Settings) to Wah>Volume. That way when you don't have the wah block engaged (or present), I'll default to a volume pedal.

• Danides please elaborate! I did not see that in the manual. Is there a vid showing this or where do I get the complete picture described??

One would think ALL the info needed to get up and running could be included in one succinct vid or paragraph, wishful thinking I know!

• I found this:

PEDAL 3: Wah

[*]If you stick to these default assignments, you just need to plug in the TRS-cable, press “Calibrate” and perform a full swell on the pedal to calibrate it. You can see the changing swell value of the pedal in the display, directly under the soft button. Then, repeat that process on each of the four pages PEDAL 3-6 (Remote) in System Settings.

In this case, all pedals are completely independent. You could leave Volume, Morph, Wah, or Pitch at any in- between position, while working another pedal.

I hope this helps. Calibrating with a full sweep should reset the pedal. If not set up a support ticket request, CheersPre-Amp

• Danides please elaborate! I did not see that in the manual. Is there a vid showing this or where do I get the complete picture described??

One would think ALL the info needed to get up and running could be included in one succinct vid or paragraph, wishful thinking I know!

It is. In the manual.

There is also a video on the site. Specific for Toaster/Rack, so a Stage will be slightly different. But the concept is the same.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• I will try that. Thanks! I just wish you could do this in the editor. So much easier to see the workflow and signal chain in the editor.

What is it you think you can't do in the editor?

You can select from presets (the default ones or ones you create). You can also easily create your own folders to hold presets you might use frequently or maybe presets you modify.. You can add one of these to any slot you want, then you can edit the parameters in the editor. Keep in mind that any effect you use is really a preset. It's not required that you save them as presets, but you can if think they might use them elsewhere. Easiest way to save a preset is just to drag it from the editor to a folder somewhere in the Presets section.

So for example you could make a folder named Wha, then add any Wha presets that you might use to that folder. Then you can add any of those wha's to slot A (or any slot). You can just double click presets to try them out and see which you like best. Once added to your rig you can edit any of the wha parameters.

Same thing applies to distortions, cabinets, EQ's and so on.