Santana - Life is a Lady/Holiday - My studio session

• I posted a clip of this song recently of a gig that I did which was recorded with a camera using the camera audio. We've now recorded the song in my studio and created a proper production. I used my Kemper rack for the guitar parts.

This may not be one of Santana’s most popular instrumentals but it has always been one of my favourite songs! Thanks to my two very good friends, Dave Sharp and Larry Rose, we put together a version that I’ve wanted to do for the longest time!

My first thought was to do a completely different take on the song but after listening to the original I realised that the song is perfect so why fix what aint broke! This is therefore my tribute to a guitar player who has been and still is a great influence in my life.

The only change that we made was to the length of the song... the original version being just too short!

I hope that you enjoy our version of this beautiful song.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Foxglovestudios,

Thanks for sharing your video with us.

Beautiful job. It was terrific to hear this lesser known song. Great playing.

Quick question if you don't mind; why switch to the gold top? I heard the different tone, but couldn't you have gotten to the same place within the Kemper (or with the controls on the sunburst)? Did you do it because it feels better to play the gold top for that section?

Thanks,

ST

• Great job , sounds really good

Thanks for the comments, guys!

@ ST, yes you're absolutely right. I could have played all the parts on the one guitar but changing looks at certain parts also works better from a visual point of view.

Cheers.

• Superb, Peter!

It doesn't get any better than this IMHO. Arguably Carlos' best song, and your rendition is beautiful and all-class. 8)

I see you're using Tokai, which suggests to me that you probably know Lance. Great stuff, man.

Ek is ook in Suid-Afrika gebore, broer. Het grootgeword in Pietermaritzburg tot ek 12 was en verhuis toe na Australië. Suid-Afrika! <3

• Lovely stuff!

'Why change guitars?' ... 'Because I can!' 8)

More!

Thanks Andy! There are a few more videos from the album I'm busy with at the moment.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the comments, MM! Yes, I know Lance very well. In fact he helped with the video recording for the Santana track!

We still do the odd gig at the Winston Churchill theatre in Pietermaritzburg.

Cheers.