Locked effects warning

• Hi

Often if you buy rigs there is a lot similar profiles with differnt mikes, mike placement etc.

Sometimes there are different effects in the rig an somtimes none. To compare rigs I add moderate delay and a reverb and then lock them. If I tweak a profile and ”save rig” I owerwrite the original effects which I perheps not want. I would like to have a warning before save - ”are you sure you want to overwrite original settings” or similar.

Mike

• You might see this warning nearly each time you store. By default Input Section is locked in Browser Mode assuming you adjust its settings to your guitar and then move through the Rigs. Tempo could be locked. Volume pedal could be locked.

• Hi and thanks for the reply.

I do not really follow but thats probably because of my unclear question and english :)

I have the input locked as you say but what I meant was that if you have several rigs and you want to go thru them quickly it is good to use the same settings for i.e. reverb and delay. I lock them at reasonable effect levels.

Then I walk thru several rigs and suddenly I find one that I like. I perhaps tweak the bass, middle and whatever and then I want to save it.

At that point I do not know what the original reverb and delay was and if I save the present rig, and not a copy, I store the locked versions and overwrite the originals, and they are lost.

You write that it should warn each time I store but if I hit "STORE RIG" in rig manager I get no warning.

Mike

• I think what Burkhard was suggesting is that the lock function affects everything and isn’t split between effects and functions like the input menu. Therefore, the KPA would have no way of knowing that it is only Locked effects that you want to be warned about.

If you are saving via Rig Manager there is a clear red padlock on any locked effect. The best option is to form a habit of checking whether there are any lock symbols active before hitting save. It should become a habit within a very short period of time.