[Solved] Freeze only a single reverb slot with footswitch

• Hi,

I really enjoy using the reverb freeze function in conjunction with a footswitch, as it can provide instant harmony to a standalone melody.

One thing that I was hoping to achieve is strike a low note, freeze the reverb with the footswitch, and then rely on another reverb slot for the melody to have a "live" reverb on its own.

The only problem is - The freeze function in the footswitch freezes all active reverbs, so the melody becomes dry.

I also tried using delay as a substitute in this case, but I see that it freezes the delay as well.

Is there a way to have the footswitch freeze only one of the reverbs, for the ultimate reverb experience ?

What can I say, I love reverbs ^^

Thanks!

• I think one option is to use one of the legacy reverbs for the part that you don’t want to freeze.

Worth a look as I think the freeze option doesn’t work on the legacy verbs and won’t be impacted by the freeze function.

• Hey Joptunes, that totally works, thanks!

Indeed, it's probably only a nice side effect of the legacy reverbs not having a freeze function, but that's more than good enough for me :)

Thanks, I'm off to enjoy too much reverb ;)