Rig manager - two computers, one rig manager database?

• Hello all

Firstly, whilst I've been a KPA user for over 7 years, I'm very bad at tech! So bear with me please :)

I have two computers, one on Windows 10 and the other on MacOSX (laptop). I have one Kemper. I'd like to be able to use both running Rig Manager in sync so that if I add profiles on one computer it automatically updates it on the other. I'm guessing something like OneDrive or Dropbox? But I don't really know how to do that!

Otherwise at the moment the best I can do is - when I remember - backup RM content on one and update the other. There must be a better way!

Thanks in advance.

• Unless the Kemper recognizes some sort of NFS file sharing, or something equally compatible with W10 and MacOS you're kinda stuck with a two world solution.

I started out on Mac, but ended up on W10 due to my setup here in the office.. I didn't notice the ability to select where you could install the packages or the data files and select them accordingly. But I am new to this so there maybe something I am not familiar with.

You will at least need to set up one or the other system as a file sharing server and then have appropriate clients on each of your hosts. I think MacOS supports links (it's UNIX based) so if you were able to even export out the directories on the W10 system to the MacOS system, you may have a loooong, but slim shot..

The big question is how the Kemper would react to anything other than it's supported install.. My guess would be not well.. And if it isn't supported by Kemper there is another issue unto itself..