Rig Manager Preset Improvements

• I have 2 suggestions to improve Rig Manager:

1) Easy way to select Presets

After few years using Kemper, now I realized that for each Effect there are many Presets for each Type, like Single Delay have DYL Tape, DYL Digital etc. In the Editor, in that place where we see the signal path blocks, can Kemper add the ability to select the Presets directly from the same navigation menu that you select the Effect > Category > Single Delay > Preset. For example, instead of only showing Single Delay it would be nice to have another submenu to select the Preset inside Single Delay. Adding the present in the navigation menu it will make it clear that we can also select many Presets. You can keep the feature to use the Mouse and drop the Preset over the block. This is nice too.

2) Add the ability to share Presets in Rig Exchange.

• Yes - I think I duplicated your request. In Rig Manager, have a pulldown menu to select a preset from within that module. Ex: from within the compressor module, have a pulldown list to select from all of the compressor presets.

• I see the value in this option but there seems to be two schools of thought as to how it should work.

on the one hand some people want the drop down list to show only oresets that are actually loaded on the KPA itself already.

on the other hand some want it to show all presets in Rig Manager (but limited to those for the effect type in question)

I can see pros and cons for both.

The limited to on the KPA version would stop the list being too large to manage in a contextual menu. However, it would also severely limit access to presets as you would need to manually add the preset to the KPA for it to be available. The time taken to copy the preset to the KPA would be the same or greater than the time to copy it derectly to the Stomp or FX block in RM using the current methodology.

The full access to RM preset list would remove the need to copy presets to the KPA which would make more sense to me. However, the downside is that the preset list that appears on the contextual menu could be massive and potentially more hassle than using the current drag and drop method.

It would be interesting to hear how others perceive the pluses and negatives of each option.

Another option that has just occurred to me might be to have the dop down contextual menu only show presets on the KPA but simultaneously add a filter to the full RM list so that only presets for the selected effect type are visible in the full list. This seems sensible to me. How would that work for others?

• I see the value in this option but there seems to be two schools of thought as to how it should work.

A on the one hand some people want the drop down list to show only oresets that are actually loaded on the KPA itself already.

B on the other hand some want it to show all presets in Rig Manager (but limited to those for the effect type in question)

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

In the Rig Manager Preferences add an option to select A or B.

• Presets are a pain as it stands now, in my opinion.

I very much dislike how you lose the main view when you go to the presets folder.

The right click context menu on each stop/fx slot, which populates with presets of the type you’re already on, or allows you to choose a type of effect if it’s blank would be the best solution.

And in preferences, allow the user to set whether to see all presets or only presets already on the profiler.

Please implement something like this.

And can we please have access to the tuner while in RM.! Please!!!

Thank you.

• You can open a second RM window, place it near the "main view" and simple drag presets in.