Whats wrong with RM and Performances?

• I'm not sure if this is (exactly) what others are talking about but since I installed the most recent version of RM

1 - I load a New Performance and pull up a list of profiles in RM

2 - I double click on a rig I want to load into Slot 1

3 - I switch to Slot 2 and double click the next rig in RM

4 - I look at the KPA and notice that the second rig I chose is loaded into Slot 1, effectively replacing the rig I selected for that slot.

At first, I thought maybe I imagined switching slots but really hadn't. After carefully repeating this process several times, I realized that RM is indeed loading rigs into the previous slot. One time, I saved the performance after loading in the first rig and it seemed to behave after that. Probably because the Kemper and RM were finally "in sync". Yesterday, I tried it again and no matter what I did or how many times I saved, RM just kept loading rigs into the wrong slot. It sounds similar to what others have said on here but I thought I would mention it in case it gives the software team some more helpful data.

For the record, I don't remember having this problem before updating.

• yeah, this is huge difference. The issue is that RM and KPA get out of sync easily when you are building a performance using RM with KPA in performance mode (my case). My process is very incremental - I build my performances slowly, often listening to what I just added to hear if new slot plays well with the rest. Doing so from RM always leads to issues, which is super frustrating. If a workflow is allowed from UI it should be predictible.

I got a chance to test this afternoon. i spent all afternoon creating and editing performances using 3 different workflows. I created performances in the MyProfiler folder (as you described) and in the Local Library. RM was rock solid in all cases.

I do totally agree about the workflow in RM being less than totally intuitive though and I think there is definitely plenty of room for improvement.

• yeah, this is huge difference. The issue is that RM and KPA get out of sync easily when you are building a performance using RM with KPA in performance mode (my case). My process is very incremental - I build my performances slowly, often listening to what I just added to hear if new slot plays well with the rest. Doing so from RM always leads to issues, which is super frustrating. If a workflow is allowed from UI it should be predictible.

Are you will having this issue in Rig Manager 3.1?

• I have similar frustrations building performances.. it’s random and unreliable, and has a mind of its own. I also have had same issue as above with wrong slots.
    I think it comes down to sync issues. Im using latest non-beta.

last night- wanted to copy a rig from one slot to another on an existing performance. The destination slot was empty/unused.

In RM , Right click slot - copy. Right click destination slot in same performance - paste.
    Appears to paste successfully in RM (looks right). Little popup on both RM and Kemper stage say “syncing performance”.

but the sync hasn’t happened properly. The rig that has pasted in on the unit is actually a blank one.