Cabinets from non merged profiles?

• I have some non merged profiles in my KPA. If I go to cabinets I see cabinets there. I'm guessing that is the part cab driver has recognized as the cab correct? Because as a non merged profile there is no separated cab, and when turned off gets bypassed. I was just wondering what I am getting if I have a non merged profile, and use the cab from it in another rig. Am I better off using a cab from a merged profile or it depends and you just use your ears and find something you like whether extracted from a non merged or merged.

• I agree it does do a good job. When I run a cab from my power head it sounds great. If there is any baked in cab in the sound it isn't hurting anything.

I do see why they moved to merged though it makes it a clean separation. When played through a cab, Trying out a profile that has both Studio and merged offerings, they are super duper close and I'm guessing much of the difference is just how the profile was recorded at the time. Pretty cool thing that cabdriver. At first I didn't want to use profiles that weren't merged and didn't trust the cabdriver as it wasn't believable to me that it coud do what it does as well as it does. I'm using studio only profiles(cab off ) through my cabinet and they're awesome.