Dual delay

• Is this possible on the KPA? I'd like two have two delays for some songs, like U2. It seems the delay effects are limited to the Delay button, period. I tried to copy and paste, but no luck.

Am I missing something?

• Is this possible on the KPA? I'd like two have two delays for some songs, like U2. It seems the delay effects are limited to the Delay button, period. I tried to copy and paste, but no luck.

Am I missing something?

The tap delay allows for dual.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What do you mean by dual? Stereo?

I am assuming sorefingers is referring to how, many pedalboard users (myself included) use 2 separate delay units.
    One for a pristine (digital) slapback delay, and a second for a longer (analog type) delay with degrading repeats.
    ( or, the other way around, analog first, digital second, depending on preference. Either way, 2 separate delay units.)

Edited 2 times, last by imall41 ().

• can you not get away with using one of the delays, and using "clock left, and clock right" to alter the time based?
    its like having 2 delays if you set it up correctly.
    Just a suggestion

doesn't work quite the same for men wanting to sound like The Edge. I would like to use two separate units as well, one to dial in around 350ms and one around 410ms, precisely. It seems with the TAP Delay you can only adjust by fractions, 3/16-4/16-5/16, etc. unless I'm missing something?

http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

• ""

[quote='and44',index.php?page=Thread&postID=37577#post37577]can you not get away with using one of the delays, and using "clock left, and clock right" to alter the time based?
    its like having 2 delays if you set it up correctly.
    Just a suggestion

doesn't work quite the same for men wanting to sound like The Edge. I would like to use two separate units as well, one to dial in around 350ms and one around 410ms, precisely. It seems with the TAP Delay you can only adjust by fractions, 3/16-4/16-5/16, etc. unless I'm missing something?""

Yes this is what I mean. I've been on a U2 kick lately. Not a huge deal by any means, and I read on another thread this may be coming in a future update.

You can get in the neighborhood with the Tap Delay left/right, but the calculations between the bpm, fractions, and delay time make my head hurt. ;). I will say the tweaks available in three types of delays on the KPA are wonderful, not to mention the ease of using a dozen different varieties of AC30 amps with different cab profiles. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. The Edge has a Kemper at some point, as he is obviously a gear nut.

I guess I could always get this equipment, or maybe just put a black knit cap on my Kemper:

[Blocked Image: http://guitarforworship.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/edge-rig.jpg]

• I think that it shouldn't be too hard to make the Delay effect available as a stomp that you can place anywhere in the chain... then, I might be wrong, but I assume it's not too different from the other built-in effects...

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I guess those that have never used, or do not use more than 1 delay dont get it. You do not get the same effect using only one delay as you can with multiple delays set at different times running into each other. One of my few gripes about the Kemper. I have to carry an external delay pedal to get what I want. I dislike this very much, but theres nothing I can do about it. I too would love for the ability to assign another delay to a stomp button and run 2 at the same time. I dont know if the existing dsp has the power to do that though or if it is even possible. Many current modelers allow this. All the way down to the cheap Zoom G3. Being in a worship band, having to create alot of ethereal sounds, the 1 delay does not cut it for me.

• I guess those that have never used, or do not use more than 1 delay dont get it. You do not get the same effect using only one delay as you can with multiple delays set at different times running into each other. One of my few gripes about the Kemper. I have to carry an external delay pedal to get what I want. I dislike this very much, but theres nothing I can do about it. I too would love for the ability to assign another delay to a stomp button and run 2 at the same time. I dont know if the existing dsp has the power to do that though or if it is even possible. Many current modelers allow this. All the way down to the cheap Zoom G3. Being in a worship, having to create alot of ethereal sounds, the 1 delay does not cut it for me.

I'd have to say that I agree with all of the above, but (and it's a big but) the thing sounds so stinkin' good that - if I have to - I will cope with it. BTW, I use it in a worship setting too. 8)

• Yeah I cope with it as well. Dont get me wrong.....I have very few gripes about the Kemper. Tonewise, Ive never been happier. I love it. But I am a 2 delay guy. Id love to have that on my Kemper. Until then, I have to drag along my DL4. Not a deal breaker by any means whatsoever. Most guitarist only need 1 delay....if even that. Not the end of the world. But if it could be incorporated, that would be awesome.

I had the same gripe with my Elevenrack as well in all fairness.