Changing performances with a Boss RC-300

• (I maybe posted on the wrong part of the forum, so here we go again..!)

Hello there,

I'm desperate to find a solution to this problem!

I'd like to switch performances/memories up by MIDI on my kemper and RC300. The idea is to use one switch to control both devices in the same time.

I don't care if the switch is one of the RC300 or of the kemper, but the only thing I manage to do is send the tempo of the RC300 to the kemper, and if I switch my RC300 memory up, I load the slot corresponding (e.g if I load memory 41 I'll be on the 1st slot of the 9th performance).

I'd like to load the performance instead of the slot (when I load my memory 41, I'd be on the performance 41, so I could use the 5 slots).

Anyone would told me precisely how to do? I tried a lot of things but still... I don't succeed.

Thank you already!!

Cheers,

Max.

• I don't have a RC300, but I don't believe it will send separate program change... I have to change my GR55 with my Kemper. set up like this I can send to any program on my GR. so say Kemper performamce bank 1,3 I can send to GR program 108, etc

• Thank you for the answer.

The thing is I don't understand how to send a program change from my kemper to the RC300.

Anyone could help me?

You need to be in Performance mode to send MIDI changes from the KPA to a device. With a performance loaded, I believe it's the left soft-button above the screen that takes you to midi settings for that particular slot.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This is all on the KPA itself, In Peformance Mode, your Boss RC-300 turned on and connected via MIDI OUT from the KPA to MIDI IN on the RC-300:

- Choose the slot you want to add MIDI to.

- Press far left soft button above screen: Edit

- Far right soft button: Slot Settings

- Back to far left: MIDI Settings

- The screen should say MIDI Trasmit

- Left soft knob should say PrgChg. Below it will likely be a " - ". Turn the knob to the right and the MIDI name of the RC300 should appear.

- MIDI message is the knob to the right of that. Set this to the correct MIDI program change to do what you want (select preset, enable...whatever).

You can now use the Rig cross to move from one slot to the next and back. Assuming it worked as intended, store the performance and you're done. Otherwise, adjust the MIDI message to get the behavior you want.

Hope that helps. MIDI on the Kemper sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi, Livingroom-Studio.

Here's an excerpt from the Kemper Manual.

Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode

MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to external devices (maximum 2), whenever a Slot gets loaded in
    Performance Mode. You can, for instance, use this to switch presets, or to control parameters, of effects devices by
    other manufacturers that are connected to the effect loop of the PROFILER.
    • In System Settings, navigate to “Performance Mode: MIDI” page. Please note that this page is only accessible in
    Performance Mode.
    • Use the soft knobs to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices.
    • Use soft buttons to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI
    THRU. The MIDI THRU is not available at PROFILER Stage.
    • For your convenience, you can also assign meaningful names to the two external devices using soft buttons.
    • Press “Edit, “Slot Settings” > “MIDI Settings”, then select the MIDI program change numbers associated with the
    currently loaded Slot. Repeat this step for every Slot you intend to send MIDI program changes from.
    ✓As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the PROFILER will stop forwarding incoming
    MIDI data to the MIDI THRU.

Source:

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ? Search for Transmitting MIDI

• Unfortunately this doesn't work... But the problem comes from the RC-300, it seems that Boss only permits the RC-300 to be a MIDI slave if you connect it to another RC-300.

Quite a shame, because the device is pretty useful but I need to push on 2 buttons each times I want to change bank...

Thank you anyway, very much!