For Live gigs... if the Kemper goes down... what do you have as a backup? I am thinking Atomic Amplifire box...

• I always have some amp in a box type pedals with me or I can grab my DRRI quickly if needed. My gigs are all in town and I live about 5-10 minutes away.

I always say the better your club band is the less you have to travel because everyone wants you in town. Crappy bands travel 80-100 miles to a gig to get to an area where they don't know you're crappy yet because they can't get booked in town. I remember in the 80's our manager offered us a tour of Europe, Said we'd get to travel all over but we wouldn't make any money so we said no. We stayed local as we could, and made money instead.

• I always say the better your club band is the less you have to travel because everyone wants you in town. Crappy bands travel 80-100 miles to a gig to get to an area where they don't know you're crappy yet because they can't get booked in town. I remember in the 80's our manager offered us a tour of Europe, Said we'd get to travel all over but we wouldn't make any money so we said no. We stayed local as we could, and made money instead.

I agree. And with my declining health, it's just not worth it at the end of the day even if it's a couple $$ more.

• Small not-so-off-topic question:

¿Is someone actually gigging? like, not online concerts or local bars with safety and health measures, but actual gigging. This is still pretty sad for musicians over here.

Did an outdoor gig at Europe’s oldest amusement park on Friday. Bit short notice, no rehearsal etc., but it turned out ok! Used my new Powered Kabinet for the first time outside the bedroom^^

• I have an AA old model the 3 knobber. IMHO the basic modeling is OK, on par with my old ElevenRack but not in the same league with my Kemper. The FX are so-so, the ElevenRack has better FX.

• If my Kemper goes down, I grab a beer and watch our lead player (he can take care of it). If his Marshall goes down, I hand him my guitar lead and I go grab a beer and watch. He’s the talent, I just try and free up space for him to impress.

No delusions of grandeur here ?

• If my Kemper goes down, I grab a beer and watch our lead player (he can take care of it). If his Marshall goes down, I hand him my guitar lead and I go grab a beer and watch. He’s the talent, I just try and free up space for him to impress.

Hahaha love this :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

I bet you are the Malcolm Young/Izzy stradlin rhythm power house of the band and would be more missed than you realise :)

• POD 2

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

love this. I bet you really are the star of the show

When you amp goes down friends, dont be the man looking for the biggest most expensive amp someone can lend you, dont go running for the back up combo to the back of the truck, dont be the anoying drama guitar player, be cool, be smart, be like MnMountainbiker.

The answer is 42

• Just came across this thread. Things have opened up in the US and we're starting regional mini tours again. My Kemper Stage has been solid with zero issues in probably 150 gigs. I have a fly rig but that unit is so limited, I can't get through our recent album just using that. I do need some extra effects and such. I don't need it to replace the Kemper at all but need something portable with decent options. Watched some vids and the NUX MG-30 is intriguing for the cost, footprint, abilities and sound (YouTube anyway). Anyone have any experience at all with these units. Much less than similar Line 6 offerings.