Midi foot pedal recommendations?

• Hi,

I'm looking for a midi foot pedal for studio use only.

I'd like it to have at least 8 buttons... to assign "full time" to toggle on/off the 8 fx slots.

Any good recommendations?

Thanks!

• Voodoo Lab Pro is a good substitute for the "Remote",

and not so expensive :thumbup:

I use one and it works great ! ( after some trial and error setup fights :P )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Thanks. Looks a little overkill for me though. Just want to toggle the fx slots. Anyone ever use the Melo Audio Midi Commander?

• Thanks. Looks a little overkill for me though. Just want to toggle the fx slots. Anyone ever use the Melo Audio Midi Commander?

Using any third party controller will require MIDI programming to do what you want. I suggest looking at the Profiler MIDI documentation, and the owners manual for the Melo, to determine if it can do what you need, or not.

• Using any third party controller will require MIDI programming to do what you want. I suggest looking at the Profiler MIDI documentation, and the owners manual for the Melo, to determine if it can do what you need, or not.

Thanks! I did read those already . Not perfectly clear to me it will actually work "good"... but I guess I'll just have to order it to see since no one has answered for that.

I've been doing midi since 1990 with an ADA midi pedal and my rack fx. And I have a studio since '92.

• I've been doing midi since 1990 with an ADA midi pedal and my rack fx. And I have a studio since '92.

That experience puts you in a good position - if the pedal can be globally programmed to send the correct CC messages, it will work. Is there a Users Group for the pedal? If so, they might be able to let you know if it is CC capable before you buy one.

I use my voodoo labs ground control exactly like that, to toggle the stomps on the top 8 switches. The bottom 4 are for selecting slots within a performance (only 4, can't select the 5th one, no biggie).

Doesn't sound like overkill, sounds like exactly what you want. There's a thread I could point you towards that explains exactly how to set it up for the Kemper

• Yup , Voodoo Lab Pro works great, as I said in earlier post :thumbup:

If you ( or any other ) thinking of getting one, make sure

it is running OS ver. 1.13

Older OS is not compatible with Kemper ........

8 top switches for stompboxes , delay and reverb,

4 lower for rig switching in browser mode via MIDI :thumbup:

( I´m not into Performance mode since I don´t play

"live" anymore, just rehearsing, composing and recording

with friends in my studio .... )

Almost forgot ... Voodoo Lab Pro also has 2 expression pedal inputs :thumbup:

Cheers !

• Looks great. $429? Is that the one?

FYI ...I bought the Melo Audio for now ($139 on Amazon) and it works great for the 8 toggles on/off. Easy to program 2 of the custom modes.

Just start up in CUSTOM mode... and change each button listed to CC and set the number to whats listed in the KPA manual.

The up/down buttons can't be program at this time unfortunately but the comapny said they are working on it for an update.

I would like that feature for browser mode too, but don't really need it since I have RM open all the time.

• Bought it second hand for $211 with shipping :thumbup:

Melo Audio looks nice and it will do what you want and need :thumbup:

Only con is the display with just numbers ..... :/

Rock on ! :)

• A line6 hd500x works really well. You can turn every individual stomp on or off. This I find very important.

The expressionpedal can be used with two different fx (not simultaniously). I use it for volume and wah.

• I had a rocktron all access which was perfect for my rack. 5 switches for performance slot, 8 for effects, tap tempo and boost.

The problem was you can't display the rig names of use the looper.