FOH sound vs speaker out sound.

• I'm still learning the Kemper profiler, and I apologize if this has already been answered before. Up until recently I have been plugging in a 1x12 Mesa Boogie speaker to the Speaker output on the Kemper. This was just for my personal sound monitor for on stage. I have been plugging an XLR cable to the main output to go to FOH. My question is, I can easily tweak my personal sound using my Mesa Boogie, but I don't know of a good way to check and adjust the sound going to FOH. I don't own a PA system, and, there really isn't much time to experiment with my main output sound using the band's PA minutes before a gig. I have ran my XLR output to a Zoom recorder and monitored/tweaked the sound with headphones. It helped, but not much. I should say that I recently purchased the Kemper Kabinet. Could I use it as a FRFR and get a similar sound that I'd be feeding FOH and adjust my tone accurately?

• The best way to create your tones is to do it at the volume you intend to use them. So if you’re going to be playing live, you’ll get the best results tweaking your tones at gig level. If that isn’t possible, I’d personally start with some MBritt profiles and test those at a gig if you can. If you’re playing at lower volumes, MBritt’s profiles will likely sound too dark. But keep in mind he creates many of his profiles with live playing in mind - meaning, they’ll sound less dull when cranked through a PA.

Unfortunately, the profiles are all going to sound different depending on what you’re playing through and how loud you’re playing. Once you get a profile that sounds great through a cranked profile, it will sound solid (for the most part) on any other cranked PA (of similar quality).

If you have limited time at gigs, try testing just 1-2 profiles per gig. Get them sounding good and then add others if necessary. I don’t own a Kone so I can’t comment on that part. But a FRFR cab should give you a better idea of what your sound really sounds like our front than your 1x12 cab would.

• Playing at gig volume and in a gig sized room is a big part of it. My profiles sound totally different in our tiny practice room versus a crowded bar or outside gig, even at the exact same volume. Certainly listening through an FRFR will be closer to your FOH sound than through a guitar cab. But even FRFRs all sound quite different.

The only solution I have for tweaking is that I bought a wireless for my guitar so I could walk out front during soundcheck or even during a gig and hear my guitar from the audience perspective. You can do it with the looper as well but its a bit more limited. I love having the wireless now, and only go back to cables when absolutely necessary or playing on a tiny stage.