Kemper kone as a stand alone speaker ?

• I’m looking at installing a kone into a Traynor YGL-2 and using it as a power amp for my Kemper until the powered kabinet is released. It’s semi open back but I’m sure it will still sound amazing. Question is, how does the kone stand up without the Kemper ? Will it sound ok if I wanted to use the Traynor Preamp through the kone or is it not suitable without the Kemper ? Any experience would be much appreciated.

• The Kone has an extended freq range and is not suitable without the Kemper. If you used the Traynor Preamp through it, it'll sound horrible and shrill. If you really wanted to try anyway for some reason, you could try an EQ pedal in its effects loop with a strong low-pass filter at around 5 kHz, but why would you.

And btw the Kone is not designed to be used with a tube power amp. It'll color the sound with a V-shaped EQ due to the impedance interaction between the Kone and the tube power amp.

This stuff is all in the manual which is well written and informative, check it out.

• Thanks for the information, much appreciated. I will have a look at the manual also. I really need the powered version of the kabinet lol. My impatience is getting the best of me.