Mark Knopfler plays "Going Home: Theme Of The Local Hero" through a KPA

• I have it on good authority that a KPA was used here. Absolutely stunning tone if you'd ask me!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We know on his last tour (at least in the states) he was using KPAs. Seems reasonable he'd still be at it. Glorious stuff. Notice he's *still* using that old Ernie Ball volume pedal. Wonder how many strings were replaced on that thing. :)

Also - a lovely tribute to one Sir Stirling Moss.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• He's been using one live for the last couple of years.His tech spent 6 months profiling his amps before the first tour apparently.

I think he only started using the KPA on the last world tour.

I saw him in Cologne in May of 2019 before it was announced that he used the KPA. I could have sworn there were tube amps out of sight, mic'ed up backstage somewhere. I'm ashamed to admit that I only started taking the KPA seriously after that, but it was the perfect blind test for me. Now 1,5 years later I cannot imagine a life without the KPA.

• I think he only started using the KPA on the last world tour.

I saw him in Cologne in May of 2019 before it was announced that he used the KPA. I could have sworn there were tube amps out of sight, mic'ed up backstage somewhere. I'm ashamed to admit that I only started taking the KPA seriously after that, but it was the perfect blind test for me. Now 1,5 years later I cannot imagine a life without the KPA.

To me its now the ultimate put down...." digital never sounds as good as valve amps...well they are good enough for Mr K, so they are good enough for me" :)

I "learnt" to play the guitar ( well at least the moves and faces) miming to the solo of "Tunnel of Love"...I think its up there with Hotel California...