LEDs failing - why now; hardware or software?

• Hi,

Just last week, I noticed on my toaster (which is well out of warranty) that an LED had failed - the middle LED on the Bass control. A couple of days later, the third from bottom LED on the bottom volume control by the input had gone.

Today the middle LED on the Middle control has gone.

What's happening - any ideas?

I'd love it to just be software rather than hardware.

Is there anything I can do to check?

It is running 7.4.1.17821 as it has been for months.

Thanks,

Andy

• So the great news is that I only have cover the shipping to Germany as this is a known fault from a small batch of 2012 produced Kempers. Thanks paults

Shipping - any advice on shipping in Europe (in my case from UK to Germany) as the value of the Kemper certainly pushes the price up.

Thanks,

Andy

• Have you tried this approach? See if any of those dealers know of any certified repair centers in your area. Here in the US they have three listed for example.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/de…utors/76/United%20Kingdom

Thanks, but no, in the UK it doesn't work that way....at least not when out of warranty. Kemper would like me to ship direct to Germany. I have no complaints with that, just trying to do it in the most economic way. I thought £26 was expensive for insurance...but having gone onto another engine that wants to charge me £50, perhaps not!

• Oh well sorry that is not an option. I've heard good stories about Kemper service in making things right. Who knows maybe you'll be out just the shipping charges and they'll fix on their nickel since it was a known defect. Good luck!

• hmm i have similar, dead LED from years ago and it was from when the kemper was first released. Nice to know they are willing to fix it