Moving to the Stage from the Head/Remote

• Hi guys, I've been using the head and remote for many years now and finally purchased the Stage from Sweetwater, which I'll have in my hands in a few days. I basically want my Stage to be set up exactly like I had my head and remote. Can I just create a backup on the USB stick I've always used and then plug into the Stage and Restore from that backup?

• Hi Grooguit,

Yes, assuming you are using KAOS 7.5x (latest production version), you can backup from the Profiler Head and restore to the Stage.

That will handle the Profiles, Performances, and Presets. You will have to make some changes to the System settings where these are handled differently in the Stage.

ST

• Thanks! Actually I’m running the latest Beta and made a few rigs with the new Kemper drive and have had no issues so would prefer but to downgrade to the last release. I assume that I would first update the new stage to 8.02030305050 or whatever the latest beta number was and restore from my last backup in my head?

• Hi Grooguit,

Thanks! Actually I’m running the latest Beta and made a few rigs with the new Kemper drive and have had no issues so would prefer but to downgrade to the last release. I assume that I would first update the new stage to 8.02030305050 or whatever the latest beta number was and restore from my last backup in my head?

Correction - Yes - you have to update the Stage to the same OS as the head.

I don't think you have to install the beta on the Stage. The only reason I mentioned KAOS 7.5x was to make sure you were running 7.5x or later on the Head. The backup from the Head and restore on the Stage wouldn't work if you were running an old version of the operating system.

ST

• Hi, paults,

If Grooguit restores a backup from the Head (running the beta) to the Stage - that should install the beta on the Stage (no?). That is: The backup includes the Operating System - or have I got that wrong?

Thanks,

ST

• Thanks guys. One more reason I'm glad they made the Stage virtually synonymous with the Head & Remote. I was one of the loudest people on this forum for the need for an all-in-one and finally able to get it.