Backup in rig manager?

• There is no backup function of the unit itself directly from the RM. You can backup the content of the RM to a backup file. (which I do frequently).

What you can do is just drag&drop the rigs from the unit into the RM or directly to a folder on your computer or USB. The internal backup of the unit does more and takes some time so I don't know if this can be accessed from the RM without a temporary storage in between. Would be a nice addition. :)

• There is no backup function of the unit itself directly from the RM. You can backup the content of the RM to a backup file. (which I do frequently).

What you can do is just drag&drop the rigs from the unit into the RM or directly to a folder on your computer or USB. The internal backup of the unit does more and takes some time so I don't know if this can be accessed from the RM without a temporary storage in between. Would be a nice addition. :)

I think this is the best solution to backup your rigs, performance and presets :)

• I think this is the best solution to backup your rigs, performance and presets :)

Yes for rigs, performance and presets. But for "everything" it is a USB option only for now. If some one was traveling and rented a Kemper for backline, you would want the everything option to make it just like your kemper at home plug & play.

• Indeed you can only use a USB drive for that, it really works flawlessly. I once switched from a non-powered toaster to a powered toaster and I had my exact same settings on the new unit in a matter of minutes. Great stuff really.

I also always save my most recent backup on iCloud so that even if the USB drive gets stolen or busted, I'll always have my latest backup.

• You could gig like Chuck Berry and just jump out of the back of a Cadillac with guitar in hand and USB in front pocket, stick it in the Kemper there and go! Except that Chuck didn't have a Kemper. Or a USB stick.