Powered 1x12 to use with Kemper Kone?

• Today there is no powered Kemper Kab and given the state of manufacturing supply due to the pandemic (read...AWFUL), I don't see it anytime soon.

I'm after a 1x12 powered cab that I can stick a Kemper Kone into and use with my unpowered Kemper Head so I can get the imprints and more of that actual amp thing going on. Has anyone had any success in tracking down something they felt worked well for this application? I did spy the Mission and Matrix stuff. The Mission is spendy for sure and says it has a tweeter and speaker so not sure if I can replace a Kone and have it work. Matrix has a 300W powered 1x12 and it seems like I could drop the Kone in there but they are out of stock and I'm sure there won't be anything in stock for some time.

Other options?

• Here’s a tip that might wrk for you...

Prior to getting a Kabinet and an ISP Ultra and Crown XLS1502 (for my Marshall cab or stereo cabs), I used my old Mustang III (v1).... plugged straight into the effects return.

Sounded great - was 100w loud, has a very neutral 12” Celestion speaker (designed for modelers), and you can get them CHEAP....

Not sure this is any help to you, but wanted to make you aware of other options that work well too.

• Today there is no powered Kemper Kab and given the state of manufacturing supply due to the pandemic (read...AWFUL), I don't see it anytime soon.

I'm after a 1x12 powered cab that I can stick a Kemper Kone into and use with my unpowered Kemper Head so I can get the imprints and more of that actual amp thing going on. Has anyone had any success in tracking down something they felt worked well for this application? I did spy the Mission and Matrix stuff. The Mission is spendy for sure and says it has a tweeter and speaker so not sure if I can replace a Kone and have it work. Matrix has a 300W powered 1x12 and it seems like I could drop the Kone in there but they are out of stock and I'm sure there won't be anything in stock for some time.

Other options?

Peavey Red Striped Bandit!

• Here’s a tip that might wrk for you...

Prior to getting a Kabinet and an ISP Ultra and Crown XLS1502 (for my Marshall cab or stereo cabs), I used my old Mustang III (v1).... plugged straight into the effects return.

Sounded great - was 100w loud, has a very neutral 12” Celestion speaker (designed for modelers), and you can get them CHEAP....

Not sure this is any help to you, but wanted to make you aware of other options that work well too.

Actually, the Mustang or something like that might be a good option to keep it to two pieces...the Kemper and the cab. Less than $200 for a cab and power amp and then another $180 for the speaker. That'd be the cheapest route for me to go and I like the look of the Mustang (the Peavy...less so).

Did the Kemper head sit on top of that OK or you put it off to the side? How did going into the Mustang power amp compare to your Kabinet with the ISP Ultra and/or Crown? I know it's not total apples-to-apples. Sounds like you just used the stock modeling speaker whereas my intent would be to replace that with the Kone.

• Could someone link me to what I’d need to buy in terms of the Icepower? It’s a bit confusing.

this is UK based, but its what you are looking for

https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower200asc

you want the cable pack to go along with it

Maybe other Americans can mention where they got theirs. there is a big thread on here regarding the intsall and many of us have done it, highly recommended. Low price and flexibility to put it in any cab you wish

• Seismic 1x12V with Kone and Seymour Duncan PS170 mounted internally. Kabinet was perpetually out of stock and Kemper never replied to inquiries about lead time.

I'll second that on the Seismic. I bought one of those Luke Vintage cabs that looks like a Vox AC15 cab, loaded a Scumback 30 watt Scumnico Alnico in there, retubed a Vox Nightrain G2 with vintage NOS tubes and that rig blew up!! I called it my Quarter Plexi. I regret selling the speaker and Vox...still got the cab and wanna load either a Kone or a Celestion Ruby in there. I got an old USA Peavey Bandit I may try a Kone in and run Kemper into the back of it. Idk...its all fun! :P