I built a Master-Volume-Pedal for the KPA from a simple Volume Pedal

• sometimes when the Band gets louder or more silent, i have to adjust the Master Volume of the KPA.
    I always tried to do this with the normal Volume Pedal attached to the Remote.
    But for this purpose i always have to place it at the end of the signal Chain.

Now i made a solution.

An additional Volume pedal to control the monitor volume (and optional the main volume).

I bought a cheap Volume pedal (Bespeco VM12) as a B-Stock for only 15€.

i added a second pot to set a minimum value for the heel position, a switch to select the main Volume optional.
    A Midi Socket and a power socket.

And of course an Arduino Nano to generate MIDI Signals from the Pot values.

works perfect for me :)

Edited 2 times, last by wrbi ().

• Hi Wrbi, that sounds interesting. Sometimes I also would like to play in some songs just a bit louder or softer (adjusting to the song or parts of a song). But I cannot achieve this well with a normal volumepedal (too sensitive or too big jumps).

Is "your" pedal better in getting this right?

If so: would you like to share this build project with us? :saint:

Thanks anyway! :thumbup:

• nice that someone is ínterested. :)

So i made a quick sketch with fritzing.

The Potentiometer on the right represents the Volume pedal.

With the other Potentiometer you can select the minimum Value.

I think it will be good to use the Pedal to send values between 75% and 100%, but have to try.

The LED is just a gimmick. its brightnes represents the Level.

With the On-Off Switch you can decide if only the monitor volume or also the main volume should be set.

KPA-Master-Volume.zip

Maybe you have to exchange the red and blue wires of the Potentiometer of the volume pedal as some pedals have different mechanics and turn the other way round.

For the selection of the minimum Value i used a Potentiometer with 10K linear.

Edited once, last by wrbi ().

And of course an Arduino Nano to generate MIDI Signals from the Pot values.

Can you tell some more of the used Arduino? I've never worked with it.

What program did you use?

Is it this one:

• Awesome :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM