Cabinets in Rig Manager

• You sure can, mate.

Drag a Cab from the Preset Library area onto the Cab Block in the editor.

Also, you can drag an IR into the Preset library in RM and it's converted to a Kemper Cab automatically (we used to have to use the free CabMaker app for this). I'd assume you should also be able to drag one onto the Cab Block in the editor directly from elsewhere (like the sektop on your 'puter), but that's just a logical assumption.

So, good news for you Steve; you don't need to import to the head via USB stick as was previously the case.

• Hey @Monkey_Man, I tried to drag an IR as yo describe but it won't let me..not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

• Make sure you're dragging to the Preset Local Library, brother.

Click the triangle next to "All Presets" and you'll see the "Local Library" folder revealed.

Click that folder to highlight it.

You can then drag onto the folder itself or the empty window ('cause you selected the folder already in the previous step). The window will light up with a blue highlight border until you release the mouse button if you drag an IR there.

Conversion to a Kemper Cabinet will be automatic.

Caveat:

Only 16 or 24 bit, 44.1KHz audio files will work IIRC.

• Thanks mate....I'll try that tomorrow. I need to re-check the 'Local Library' folder. Every time I dragged the IR into RM nothing happened (no blue highlighted border).

Start things i may be this "Only 16 or 24 bit, 44.1KHz audio files will work IIRC."

• Hi @Monkey_Man,

no good. I've followed your instructions but nothing happen. Can't import them. I've also tried with CabMaker...same result. Must be as you suggested "Only 16 or 24 bit, 44.1KHz audio files will work IIRC."

I can import WAV though.

• They're probably 96kHz or something. Then again, I know WAV is fine but haven't tried other formats, so it could be format incompatibility.

Also, make sure they're mono just for good measure. Stereo may work (never tried it), but of course ideally you'd want mono 'cause the signal path through the Stack section is mono.

• If you need to convert the sample rate or file format, try Audacity.

It's cross-platform (Mac & PC) and it's free. It celebrated 20 years in May and 100 million downloads in October:

Audacity ® | Free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing.

• If it's in a format Rig Manager doesn't handle, yes. I'm not up with its format limitations, so... hang on... I'll check my old Cab Maker manual...

OK, it confirms what I wrote from memory earlier to be 100% correct. Here's the paragraph:

CabMaker requires the impulse response file to be wave files (.wav format), sampled at 44.1kHz and either 16 or 24 bits deep. Other file formats are not supported. The utility takes approximately the first 1.5 sec- onds into account; since impulse responses are typically very short, this should prove more than enough. You can literally take any type of signal and turn it into a cabinet; in most cases, this is unlikely to result in a very usable cabinet, but feel free to experiment! Please note, however, that any signal which is not a proper impulse response will lead to an unpredictable result which might be anything from simply boring to downright unpleasant.

So, assuming Rig Manager and the Kemper OS haven't expanded the file-format and / or SR options, and I've seen no indication that they have, the issue is likely to be the SR of your files and / or the fact that they aren't in WAV format. Audacity can help you on both fronts - SR or format conversion.

• You're a legend mate! I've tried Audacity and it seems to export in WAV format (will try and experiment properly tomorrow). Thanks hips for taking the time and dig out all info....very much appreciated!

Beer's on me if and when you come up to Brissie. :thumbup::)