Record direct output with stomps but without stack?

• Hi there,

I want to record a song with distorted guitars but also want to record the dry signal for re-amping. The problem is that I use transpose in the stomp section to drop the guitars by 5 semi-tones. I hooked up Main outs to the interface and the direct out to the interface like described in the manual. For the direct out I dialed in gtr analog. The problem this set up ignores the transpose effect in the stomp section and the direct out records the dry signal in regular tuning. Is there a solution to this, which I miss? Could not find anything in the manual.

Thx, keep rocking.

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3

• When re-amping that direct guitar channel, use the same 5 semitones drop FX stomp in whatever rig you wish to use .

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• When re-amping that direct guitar channel, use the same 5 semitones drop FX stomp in whatever rig you wish to use .

Cheers !

That is a good idea, but what, if you want the clean signal to blend into the distorted, to give it more definition? You can’t use the recorded dry signal for that, but you would have to re-amp.

• Buy a baritone guitar and skip the transpose FX 8o

( Benefit : no latency :thumbup: )

Cheers !

Good idea :thumbup::thumbup: But my wife says I have already 8 to 10 guitars plus I don’t play drop tunings that much. But sometimes drop tunings sound more powerful in some songs, which have need to sound more aggressive. Keep rockin, man.