Saving a new PROFILE as Rig also renames the one loaded before

• it happend the same to me 2 days ago. I had to rename the original rig chosen as reference from browser because the KPA saved it with the same name of the new just profiled one.

• Before profiling

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After Profliling

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Can you try one thing, please, when you have these 2 profiles with the same name?

Close Rig Manager

Switch the Profiler to BROWSE mode

Start Rig Manager again

Does Rig Manager still show 2 profiles with the same name? Or has it "recovered" the old name for the old profile and the new name only for the new profile?

Reason for asking you to do that:

I'm still quite sure that there is serious issues in the Rig Manager with the handshaking/updating with the Profiler. I've run into the same kind of issues all the time ... and even worse in PERFORM mode.

• It might be helpful to figure out when it happens and when not. It's really weird and nasty issues for sure. And it would be great if someone could find a way to reproduce the issue. All I can say for now is that you're NOT alone!

Take note of the exact order of what you do when it results in the issue ... is Rig Manager already running when you switch to profiling mode? Did you switch the mode first and then started Rig Manager? I will try to figure out on my side as well, a little later today. I sometimes run into your issue, sometimes I end up with 2 seperatly named Profiles but when I've switched to BROWSE mode, and I switch (from Rig Manager) between the 2 Profiles I just made, they will sound exactly the same while one was supposed to be just barely over breakup and the other heavily boosted. They even show different gain bars in Rig Manager. Once I quit Rig Manager and restart it, both rigs work as expected. Weird weird weird.

• ok, a few new strange things happend:

- RM running and KPA in Browser mode;

- I select a Rig as reference Rig

- I turn KPA in Profiler mode (RM already running when I witched to Profiler mode.)

- It profiles

- I refine the profile

- when it's time to give a new name and store the new Rig, I see in Rig Manager the Name of the Rig (the reference one) had just become Blue (as when You clik on it to rename) so I didn't press Store

- I select in RM anothe profile, (the rig name in blue had in not changed yet)

- I press store

- this message show up

- I do what it says

- When the KPA finish to boot, I see that now I have a New Rig, Called Crunch and marked as Favoutire.

(it's the rig I've just profiled, but it's called Crunch as the C.Kemper Rig I also have in my KPA)

so I leave it like that and do a New Profile. (to check if, a step before Pressing Store, the Name in RM will be Selected in Blue)

This time it stays gray and When I store it, it renames with the new name the new profile And the reference one.

So I've tried this

Close Rig Manager

Switch the Profiler to BROWSE mode

Start Rig Manager again

Does Rig Manager still show 2 profiles with the same name? Or has it "recovered" the old name for the old profile and the new name only for the new profile?

and I see that the last 2 Profiles has the same Name (and one of them is the one it rename by itself Crunch in fact it's sorted as Favourite)

But the KPA now is Freezed. It does not respond to any Button I press or Knob I turn.

I Have to turn it off, then on, it works BUT the last 2 profiles Sound both as DA Profiles (without any cab) and I've Lost both the 2 locked Stopms.

I hope I've been clear in exposition because Here It's all a Mess Today.

• Here It's all a Mess Today.

Yes, it's a big mess. Now, if you're not yet tired of the mess, try the following:

Close Rig Manager, if you want, even disconnect the USB cable from the Profiler.

Then choose a reference rig in BROWSE mode, switch to PROFILE mode and make 2 profiles, e.g. with a vastly different gain setting on the amp.

It's ok to just give simple, temporary names like "A" and "B".

After that's done, switch to BROWSE mode again and see if the 2 profiles are there and sound the way they should. My guess: They are there.

Now connect the USB cable again and run Rig Manager ... my guess: both profiles "A" and "B" show up as expected.

If you can confirm this, it tells me (and you and Kemper staff) that there's something fundamentally wrong with Rig Manager and its handshaking with the Profiler. And that's what I've been saying for ages now.

Sorry I don't have an immediate solution for you, but if you collect and share all this mess with Kemper Support they might finally do something about these long standing issues. :)

PS: I profile the way I described in this post cause I just got tired of the constant issues. When I'm in a profiling session, I will just name them A, B, C, D, ... and have a spreadsheet where I take note of specifics of the individual profiles. Only after the profiling session is done, I open Rig Manager, copy all the new rigs to a safe folder in Rig Manager AND to my desktop, just to be safe. And then, finally I start properly naming them and adding all the info to the rigs.

• :) it's not You to have to give me a solution in fact:P^^:D

Thanks for the tip Lightbox, I'll try to profile with the KPA and PC Not connected in any way, and I'll reply here

today has gone..prolly tomorrow I'll do it.

cheers, goodnight.

• As wisely suggested by nightlight , I've just tried to check if I have the same issue with the KPA totally disconnected from PC and RM and this is what I've just experienced:

- KPA unplugged to PC an RM

- in browser mode I select the Rig ''Crunch'' (by C.Kemper, that one You too already have for sure)

- I switch to Profiler Mode

- I profile

- I refine the profile

- I press STORE naming the new profile 'A'

- I swtich back to Browser: A shows up as loaded Rig, browsing rigs I see Crunch it's still there, (cool)

- I Load Crunch (as reference Rig, as I did Before)

- I switch to Profiler Mode and I repeat the procedure for 3 consecutive times creating 3 different Profiles: named B, C, and D.

- I swtich back to Browser: D show up and scrolling the list I see A B C D

and Crunch is still there (damn I forgot to take a picture of that! sorry)

SO everithing looks like it's supposed to be. (I haven't tested their Sound yet but I guess it will be ok)

- Now I connect the KPA to PC and I open RM

I can see in RM those new Profiles: A B C D in the List, as last created/stored profiles ! Good.

- I can also see Crunch, (GOOD)

- I select it in RM, the KPA loads it correctly

- I switch the KPA in Profiler Mode

- I profile
    - I refine the profile
    - I record this Video before pressing Store

In the end it actually seems that the problem is just when KPA is connected to PC and RM is running.

Now, the other good new is that the Suppor Already replyed to My Ticket: they tried to recreate the same scenario BUT they've alredy tested on a new OS/RM version and the Issue it's not happening, SO it seems it's already been Solved/Fixed.

SO we'd just have to wait for OS 8.1 and his relative RM version (probably).

in the meantime I'll profile without RM or PC connected to KPA (It's not such a huge pain in the ass acually)

• I did some profiles last saturday.

Both RM and Kemper were updated to latest OS.

I Had the same issue.. plus at some point (just after saving some notes in the new profile in RM) the Profiler show me an error message.

Pressed exit to restart, it rebooted correctly.

After a while RM stoped and windows showed a message like " a driver error has occurred, You need to uninstall and reinstall rig manager"

I Didn't do it. Just closed RM it and opened again.

No error messagges anymore.

I ve hoped the problems/conflicts between the profiler and rig manager were already solved but it's not like that.

I ended up the profiling session without RM taking notes manually on a paper sheet, and only once I ve finished profiling, I used RM to rename rigs and fulfill all the comment fields.

It's been a productive Saturday but I've spent a lot of time.

• I ended up the profiling session without RM taking notes manually on a paper sheet, and only once I ve finished profiling, I used RM to rename rigs and fulfill all the comment fields.

It's been a productive Saturday but I've spent a lot of time.

I do it by plugging a USB keyboard into the back of the KPA and typing names/tags;notes directly into the KPA. It isn’t really any slower than RM and gets it done first time.