Spdif sound seems to Quiet but DI is fine.

• Okay, so I know this one will be hard to describe but I'm going to try my best. Sorry for any headaches this might cause :).

Running a Spdif from my Kemper stage to a Focusrite 6i6 and into Reaper. In Reaper I have two channels, one for DI and one for the Profile.

My Spdif is set to Git / Master Mono and I'm using a MB Mesa Rig.

When I play in Reaper the DI is louder to my ears even though they both peak around -18 in the DAW. I've set up VU meters on both and the signal through the profile goes higher (so you would think louder) but it still sounds quieter. Almost like its being played from another room. Raising the volume does make it louder but then it eats up more head room versus just putting a vst on the DI channel.

I know the clean sense will lower the volume of the DI but not sure how to make the Profile sound less in the back (if that makes sense). Just wondering if anyone has seen this or fixed it.

Thank you

• Can you simply mute the DI track and raise the level of the amp track, within Reaper? Also consider there may be phase interaction between the two tracks, which could be causing comb filtering. That can sound like a weird, faraway effect.

• Hello.

I was more wanting to raise the "presence" (try to make it sound more up front) of the profile so it doesn't sound so far away. I know I can control the DI with Clean sense but there doesn't seem to be an option with the profile, that I'm aware of at least.