Top Jimi Slash Pack

• Hey Kemper Fans,

We just released the Top Jimi "Slash" Pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier (42 profiles)!

This pack seeks to recreate the sound heard on Slash's albums with Guns 'N Roses, Slash's Snakepit, Velvet Revolver and Slash's solo projects.

Amps Used During the Profiling Process: Tim Caswell AFD-Modded 1978 Marshall Super Lead, #34-Modded Marshall JCM 800, 1982 Marshall JCM 800, 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555, Mesa/Boogie Mark V (Izzy)

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: 1970 Celestion 25W Greenback, Modern Celestion 25W Greenback, Vintage Celestion G12-65, Celestion Vintage 30, Electro-Voice EVM12L (Izzy)

Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 7

Profile Type: Studio, Merged

With his Les Paul and wall of Marshalls, Slash has been an icon in the guitar world since 1987. To cover his career to date required several specific Marshall amp and speaker combinations. For fun, we also included Izzy Stradlin profiles for the first two GNR albums. This pack is so widely usable it may very well become the basis for your rock profile collection.

Please Note: Obviously, the guitar is a very important part of the signal chain, and differences between guitars will affect the tone. We used Jimi's 1954 Les Paul Goldtop with original 1950s PAFs as a neutral reference to build the profiles. If your guitar has a fuller tone, we recommend increasing the Treble and Presence together. Try increasing them both by 0.3 and see how that sounds. If your guitar is bright, try reducing the Treble and Presence by 0.3 and go from there.

Album Tones Profiled:

Guns 'N Roses: Appetite for Destruction ('87), Use Your Illusion ('91), The Spaghetti Incident ('93)

Slash's Snakepit: It's Five O'Clock Somewhere ('95), Ain't Life Grand ('00)

Velvet Revolver: Contraband ('04), Libertad ('07)

Slash: Slash ('10), Apocalyptic Love ('12), World on Fire ('14), Living the Dream ('18)

Demo Video

Profiles Available Here

Thank you,

Jimi

• Cannot WAIT to try these - love the Caswell AFD pack (that's my go-to sound for all patches); nobody has been able to get the Illusion era tone, so will be interesting to see how these fare...

Just purchased them - cheers Jimi!

• ok .... I've been looking for a decent slash profiler for years with no luck what so ever then yesterday I purchased this Pack and let me tell you this is by far the most f***ing amazing thing I' ve ever tried on my Kemper !! thank you Top Jimi this is the best xmas gift I could expect to receive this year!!

(ps: try the tj slash 04 velvet with sweet child o mine ....absolutely amazing )

Sollazzon I have the Caswell as well , I ll be honest I didn't personally love that but this one for me is a whole new game , I d give it a go if I was you

• ok .... I've been looking for a decent slash profiler for years with no luck what so ever then yesterday I purchased this Pack and let me tell you this is by far the most f***ing amazing thing I' ve ever tried on my Kemper !! thank you Top Jimi this is the best xmas gift I could expect to receive this year!!

(ps: try the tj slash 04 velvet with sweet child o mine ....absolutely amazing )

Sollazzon I have the Caswell as well , I ll be honest I didn't personally love that but this one for me is a whole new game , I d give it a go if I was you

See, I feel the opposite; the Caswell AFD is a lot more 'Slash' than this pack, IMO. Not saying it's a bad pack at all - far from it - but for me, the Caswell is much better.

• Interesting that you guys voiced different opinions on both packs... it just goes to show that different guitarists have different ears and its good to have different opinions!

I have the Caswell Pack and for me it does Slash pretty much spot on, one of my go-to profiles basically for rock/hard rock tones. I guess I'll have to try the Slash pack and decide myself.

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• FarleyUK MPescuma I think it’s a lot about what guitar or pickup someone use . The caswell on my guitar have a weird reverb and the guitar sound a bit like muted (dunno how to explain it) with these new pack it bite like slash tones.Has to be a guitar-pick up thing

• so You answed to my question, I will find new Profiles in this pack for both amps...

I saw his video and it seems he used EL34 in the caswell AFD mod.. It seems a bit strange.

and 1 preamp valve is missing? anyway,.. I will try it sooner or later

• like marcozzz said, the new pack works for me for the first test with headphones. Today i'll give them a try with monitor setup in much louder level

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• First try with mix UYI and Spaghetti profiles with Maybach guitar Spirit of 59 amber pickups

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• mmm..

I d give it a go if I was you

I have the Caswell Pack and for me it does Slash pretty much spot on, one of my go-to profiles basically for rock/hard rock tones. I guess I'll have to try the Slash pack and decide myself.

Ok guys I'll give a go,

but I need a Jack Daniel's Before I try them:P

PS does Jimi Usually reply in thread like this or...??

PPS vjclaus I didn't even know about the existance of Mayerbach Brand, I'll give a try as soon as possible, I've found a couple of delaers in my area (more or less one huor by car far away from me)

• maybach is a deep aged vintage guitar and sounds very dynamic at attack and a little sweeter than the slash alnico pro II, but the next try is with my slash LP custom shop guitar?

• ok tried the profiles with Slash pickups.

You´ll have to try the 91 Illusion profile, reduce gain to 4.5 an in Slot B Full OC with Breakup preset and you´ll have the exact Locomotive Sound with really cool attack.:P:love:

• hi guys a quick record of the sweet child intro ,I just added a delay to the slash 04 velvet present in the slash pack

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• full oc is a new overdrive pedal in the latest OS update. You have to choose the breakup preset, that give the attack more bottom balls