Clearing Morphed values during lock

• In performance mode, In one of the slots my pedalboard showed there was a morph there but when I engaged it, I couldn't find what it was operating and didn't want it to operate anything on that rig. (Plus I didn't set up a morph, it might have came in with a rig and I have the fx locked so it may not have functioned.) I've read about sweeping the dial to get rid of morphs but the button light stays on and makes you think there is something there when there's not. So I went into the menu where it has "clear module" but I didn't know what module was connected so I pressed "clear all" and (I believe)it cleared all the morphs 1-5 in that bank! Was that because I had that section locked and that is what will happen?

Right now for constancy I'm keeping both FX blocks locked. (easier than editing every rig with the same FX in performance mode) I understand by the manual clear all was just supposed to clear morphs in that rig but when locked it must clear the whole bank section that is locked? Can anyone confirm that? Disclaimer: there is a slight chance the others in that bank did not have morphs but I was pretty sure they did.

• If you lock an effect module and the effect in that module includes morphed parameters e.g. a delay with Mix morphed between n and m%, then this morphing is locked together with that module. So, if you now load other Rigs in Browser Mode or other Slots in Performance Mode you always have this delay with its morphing available. Generally effect modules and morphing are by Rig. But the nature of locking is that locked modules and sections become global. And if you store other Rigs and Performances you "bake" this delay with its morphing into the other Rigs/Slots.

• Very informative thanks. So far I have only morphed gain & output levels... So if morph is baked into the performance (locked) and I clear morphing for a slot, does it erase all morphing in the performance or just do nothing?

Likewise, If I have one performance slot that has morphing and I then lock performance mode, then clear morphing in the "parent" rig, would it erase all then or does locking completely ignore any rig relation? I hope I haven't confused this question too much.

• Generally all Rigs in Browser Mode and Slots in Performance Mode are independent. No referencing is taking place. Whenever you load a Rig A from your browse pool into any Slot in any Performance, the copy of Rig A in this Slot can now be modified and stored, it becomes A1, A2 ,... which doesn't affect the parent Rig A in your browse pool nor other (edited) copies of Rig A in any other Slot of any other Performance. All these copies evolve independently.

And a Rig includes the complete signal chain from Input Section (Clean Sens, Distortion Sens, Input Noise Gate), Modules A-D, Stack, Modules X-REV. A Rig doesn't include the Output Section, which is global by definition.

Locking allows to make a module or section global. If you lock module B, this module sticks when you load another Rig X. Module B isn't filled with the effect stored in Rig X, but maintains the current state of module B. So far the stored state of Rig X hasn't changed. If you unlock module B and load Rig X again, the original stored effect in mocule B will reappear. However, if you lock module B, then load Rig X, then store Rig X, you will overwrite the effect originally stored in module B with the locked state. So the storing will "bake" the locked state into the stored Rig.

This is actually an effective tool, that you could leverage to build your Rigs. if you intent to use identical or similar effects across the Slots of a Performance. You could temporarily lock those effect modules, load the other Slots, store these in locked state. This will copy the locked modules into those Slots. Afterwards you could unlock the modules and perform smaller adjustments and store the Performance again with those adjustments.

This principles apply to Browser Mode as well as Performance Mode. However, locking is independent between Browser Mode and Performance Mode. So module B can be locked in Performance Mode, while not being locked in Browser Mode. By default the Input Section is locked in browser Mode while not being locked in Performance Mode. The idea is, that new users, take a particular guitar, adjust Input Noise Gate, Clean Sens, Distortian Sens accordingly, and then check out the Rigs in the browse pool. So the current input settings aligned with the guitar currently used temporarily overwrite the stored values with the Rigs. In Performance Mode many users organize by songs and musical scenes. Knowing which guitar is being used for which song, the input settings stored in the Slots should take effect. Therefor the Input Section is not locked by default in Performance Mode. But that can be changed...

If you lock a module in Performance Mode it becomes global - not just frozen within the current Performance. I is frozen across all Performances.

• This is actually an effective tool, that you could leverage to build your Rigs. if you intent to use identical or similar effects across the Slots of a Performance. You could temporarily lock those effect modules, load the other Slots, store these in locked state. This will copy the locked modules into those Slots. Afterwards you could unlock the modules and perform smaller adjustments and store the Performance again with those adjustments.

Thank you for taking the time to write this!

I always thought that if I unlocked a module that had something else on it before it was changed by the "global" lock, it would revert back to the original effect. If I understand this correctly, I didn't know that if I saved the performance locked, it would bake the locks in and I could unlock it and run it that way with the effects I added and overwrite whatever was on there before. If this is the case, it makes it even better than I thought as I often use similar effects across many slots and want to get there fast. Knowing I can bake locks in a save, unlock them and have them stay that way is great. That way I can say, change the phaser that is on all slots in a performance at once by locking, changing the phaser in one rig slot, and saving then unlocking. I thought I always had to keep it locked, I didn't know locks bake in with a save!I'll have to mess with this some more to really wrap my head around it, but I love the way of quickly getting many slots with the same exact FX quickly as well as then add specialty effects that are individual to rigs when unlocked.

• Perhaps thinking of it this way helps: You always store what you hear.

Otherwise you could store a Rig in a state (not including locked modules), that you actually had never tested, because when you tested locked modules were part of the sound.

• I always figured to get everything the same in an unlocked mode, I'd eventually need to store individual FX presets in the browser then enter them in each slot. This is a revelation! Thanks!! I can't wait to get back and try it!

• Excellent. Now I understand this a lot better thank you. Lock and Bake, that's where it's at! I can lock and bake whole sections, or individual modules and it lets whatever FX "shine through" that's not a locked module then save the performance. Or I can wipe the whole performance with something different by locking after editing a slot then saving! Brilliant! I immediately liked the idea of locking once I kinda understood it, but now I'm witnessing the real power it gives you editing!! Thanks again!

• Ok, I thought I had this down, but apparently not. Here is my process: In performance mode performance 1, I load a rig into a slot that has the FX the way I want them for ALL performances. I lock both the FX sections & store. in a stored mode I go to Performance #2and since it is locked, the FX are still there the way I want them, So far so good. I press store again... on to the next etc. When I unlock everything, the FX do not "bake" in to the performances but revert to the original during initial performance/slot loading.

I thought that maybe they would not save during lock so I started all over and loaded a slot in a rig with the fx the way I wanted them, locked , went to performance#2 unlocked then saved but as soon as switched performances, they would revert to the original FX settings. Performance #1 would retain the FX though but I couldn't "transfer" all the FX from performance to performance by locking & switching performances and saving like I thought should happen from discussions here. "You always store what you hear" Was not happening. I was hearing/seeing the proper effects on the performance, saving and when everything was unlocked, they didn't stay that way.

What is the best/fastest/easiest way to select a slot, have the FX the way you want them, then make ALL the slots in ALL the performances have the same thing unlocked? I must be misunderstanding what was suppose to happen during lock & bake.

• I'm going to repeat my process I did both on rig manager and on the unit:I load slots across a performance that have various FX on them, I go to slot #1 and make the stomps and fX the way I want them and press save, then lock stomps and effects banks, and save performance. If I unlock and go to the next performance it will revert to the original effects when slots were loaded. I got it to work by going to each slot individually with it locked and saving. If I am in a performance,lock and save performance, it won't replace all of the FX in all the slots in that performance just the one I am on. So in a way it is true that you save what you hear because you actually have to have that slot selected to save it. Locked slot doesn't "spread" among all slots on the performance for me. Not a dealbreaker, I was just hoping it would.

• You could temporarily lock those effect modules, load the other Slots, store these in locked state. This will copy the locked modules into those Slots.

I think I misinterpreted what was wrote here. When he wrote "store these in a locked state, I didn't get: "store these (the other slots) in locked state one by one while the lock is on and the slot is chosen. I thought it would do the whole performance at once. So when you store a performance during a lock, it just "bakes" the active slot, not all the slots of a performance.