Is anyone interested in sharing personal drive settings

• Some people have already shared and of course the Klon presets are just settings....

I suspect the reason there has been little response in the 13 hours since you posted is:

1) As has been done to death on the other thread is that it depends on the profile and guitar so much and the use case that personal settings are exactly that.

2) They are newly released and many people still experimenting

I would also expect a few videos ( e.g. Tone Junky) will put out some tips soon.

I don;t think its because people don;t want to share..

• I agree with V8guitar , it is a new tool and Kemper itself already released some presets for the Kemper Drive. I did a test drive yesterday and it sounded pretty amazing. Tried a clean marshall profile with the OCD in front and it rocked!!

I myself am coming back to this thread on a daily basis to check for updates, but since we already have profiles baked with pedals in front + the kemper drive presets available I dont think people are going to care too much about new settings soon.

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• MPescuma hey I noticed your Satchel avatar. Do you have a pre set that sounds close to his? I know he uses an atomic with a 5150 (1st gen) pre set but all the EVH profiles I've tried are really dark and compressed -nothing like Satchels clear but gained tone. He has one of the best tones ever period!

• Hi WolfsLair

haha yes mate, its Satchel! I am in love with his tone as well, super 80's.

I have a couple of profiles that reflect that "clear but saturated" tone.

You can try:

1) TopJimi EVH tone (https://topjimi.com/collection…s-series-brown-sound-pack)

2) TopJimi Lee Jackson Modded Marshall. These profiles sound really good for 80's hair metal. (https://topjimi.com/collection…/gilbert-lee-jackson-pack)

3) BigHairyProfiles SLO 100 - this pack is tremendous and contains several "sound like" profiles (Whitesnake, Ratt, MotleyCrue, etc) https://bighairyprofiles.com/p…/bhp-sold100-profile-pack

being honest, I own all 3 above and keep coming back to those.

edit: I am yet to try someone's EVH 5150 Profile, most that I've seen are more inclined to "extreme metal" than the hair metal 80's vibe.

• Nice! Yeah the closest I've come to my REAL SLO 100 is the M Britt SlO 100. I bought the Big hairy ones and with a real cab and tube amp it's very compressed and dark -nothing like my real Slo 100

Here it is -actually both the M Britt profile and my real Slo

To stay on topic, the real SLO 100 section is with a real Wampler Tumnus Klon

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That is a nice Axe and excellent tones!! I've never played a real SLO100 (impossible to find and crazy expensive in Brazil) so can't really say if the profiles are like the real deal or not, Im gonna try the MBritt one!

Do you have any other profiles/suggestions for Satchel like tones?

• To me the M Britt ones are the most amp like, almost all others are very compressed an dark. The 80's tone as you know is open with plenty of MIDs!!! That' s how your heard in the mix as you likely know!

The other key thing with the Kemper is using a real cab and tube power source is night and day difference in getting it to sound authentic. I used the baked in cabs through my pa the other night and it was ok, then I went back to my real Friedman 4x12 cab and WOW that's real amp tone!

• so Strat with Axesrus Texas blues pups - neck pup

Profile: That Royalty 2 3T by a well known profiler ;)

Kemper settings:

Bass Mid Treble Presence

+1.9 +1.4 T +0.5 +0.4

Kemper Drive

Drive Tone Definition Slimdown

7.0 1.2 7.8 1.8

Pride & Joy territory? ymmv lol