Transpose Needs Fine Tune Parameter

• I hear what you are saying but you might want to try a different approach.

when transposing you can often still hear some of the original guitar acoustically which can be a real issue. If the transpose is set to a semitone or more you are literally playing in two keys at once. If the transpose is less than a semi tone you can get a really annoying out of tune with yourself effect. This isn’t a problem if you are playing loud but for practicing with recorded tracks you may not be that loud.

the better way to do it is to leave your guitar in tune and retune the recording to you. I use a little program called Transcribe! which lets me retune as well as slow down and loop sections. You can even change the arrangement if you want. Its pretty cheap and an amazing transcription/practice tool.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My idea of fun is to put a *record* on Apple Music and play along, whether I've heard the music before or not. Sometimes they are not at concert pitch, and while I could retune them or my guitar I'd rather grab a parameter and move my guitar a little. I'm a recording engineer, have worked on several multi-platinum recordings, and I'm very familiar with multiple ways of manipulating pitch, tempo, timbre, etc. I just don't want to screw around with opening a piece of software, finding a file, manipulating it and so on. That's my day gig!

I am not at all concerned about transposing - I just want to turn on a recording and play along without having to retune when the track is off by 15 cents. Also - to change the pitch of a recording is to change the artist's intention, this can really make a difference.

So, all I need is a fine-tune parameter on the transpose. I realize it only needs to be +/- 50 cents instead of 100.

Nice Hellecasters cover btw. John Jorgensen sat in on one of my gigs at McCabe's, learned 6 songs at soundcheck and killed it.