Kemper connected to sound card sounds bad

• I just use the normal output (two jack cables) on my profiler, then going into my sound card (mini-jack) to both left and right input.
    The cables are jack to mini-jack. I used this setup before when I used amp plugins for my Daw and it worked perfectly fine. I got a very good sound.

But now from the kemper it sounds fizzy and weak. I tried different output settings on the kemper, but it's all the same.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Phase issues ? Try with one cable only :/

And the "standard question" : does it sound good with

headphones from "Headphones Output" of KPA ?

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I noticed mine sounded different when through audio interface, it was not the same as phones direct into kemper.

I went into output settings and found out that space setting was only set for headphones and not other outputs,so i unchecked it and now sounds so much better.

• For me this is not a fizzy and weak sound. Please retry with a moderate stock profile so I can compare your recording with my equipment.

Really? it sounds so plastic / synthetic / fizzy... just like my PodXT did 10 years ago. This can't be what I paid 1900 dollars for?!

I noticed mine sounded different when through audio interface, it was not the same as phones direct into kemper.

I went into output settings and found out that space setting was only set for headphones and not other outputs,so i unchecked it and now sounds so much better.

Can you spoon-feed me how to set up like this? menus and such? The user guide that came with the kemper is a joke. No in-depth whatsoever.
    Very disappointed now after paying so much.

I will test that later today when I get home

I don't have headsets with Jack inputs (who uses that anyway?)

• you can download the main manual from the download page in the support section of the Kemper website. It covers every aspect of the product. Please reply to my question about the soundcard that you are using.

Headphones with TRS jacks are standard in the music industry. If you only have earbuds you can get an adapter for those.

• you can download the main manual from the download page in the support section of the Kemper website. It covers every aspect of the product. Please reply to my question about the soundcard that you are using.

Headphones with TRS jacks are standard in the music industry. If you only have earbuds you can get an adapter for those.

Ah, yes I forgot.
    I use M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496. It's an old card but it still works. They update the drivers for it still too.
    It sounds great and I have no problem with latency. I used vst plugins amp sims prior to buying the Kemper.

• VST plug ins do not use the inputs of the sound card but only the outputs. Maybe there is a phase issue with the cables that you are using to go from the TS outputs to the Mini Jack inputs or you are clipping the inputs. Can the card inputs handle line level signals? Do you perceive any improvement in the signal quality when you lower the output level of the Profiler main outputs to something around -20 dB?

One way to find out what causes your issue is connecting a headphone to the Profiler and check if the signal sounds different from the results you are getting through the sound card.

• VST plug ins do not use the inputs of the sound card but only the outputs. Maybe there is a phase issue with the cables that you are using to go from the TS outputs to the Mini Jack inputs or you are clipping the inputs. Can the card inputs handle line level signals? Do you perceive any improvement in the signal quality when you lower the output level of the Profiler main outputs to something around -20 dB?

One way to find out what causes your issue is connecting a headphone to the Profiler and check if the signal sounds different from the results you are getting through the sound card.

Lower it? when I turn it all the way to the right its maximum / lockedat -21,8 db and the power amp is locked at 0,0 db.
    No different in signal quality.
    I will try and get some headphones with normal jack input

• i think the problem are your cables

Cables can't alter the sound that much. I've been recording, mixing, mastering for over 10 years.
    I even tested jack to mini jack inputs vs jack to jack (more modern sound card) = zero difference in sound.
    There is some settings on the Kemper I am sure. Maybe I must use the SPDIF output instead.

• Cables can't alter the sound that much. I've been recording, mixing, mastering for over 10 years.
    I even tested jack to mini jack inputs vs jack to jack (more modern sound card) = zero difference in sound.
    There is some settings on the Kemper I am sure. Maybe I must use the SPDIF output instead.

well i use my kemper with SPDIF and it sound awesome.,to be honest i used to have the M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 and i remember having some issues with that audio card,try an external audio card or watch this video maybe it can help you

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• It should sound like this. I have humbucker guitars / EMG81 too. Here it sounds like it's an amp in a room being recorded. with air pushing and all.
    The way my sound is like if you remove all the reverb / room / air. I even tried Ola's Kemper profiles, and it sounds nothing like this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes! I fixed it! I used my old Steinberg UR22 (USB sound card). I didn't use it before since it had latency issues. but they seem to be gone now.
    And now the sound is good! Have a listen.

https://clyp.it/22kggtys

see the problem was your older audio card

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio