Kemper connected to sound card sounds bad

• But damn it, I noticed this UR22 does have some latency. Making fast playing annoying / difficult.
    I notice it when I try to record in my DAW.
    Anyone know of a good PCI sound card that has "zero" / 5 ms latency?

• But damn it, I noticed this UR22 does have some latency. Making fast playing annoying / difficult.
    I notice it when I try to record in my DAW.
    Anyone know of a good PCI sound card that has "zero" / 5 ms latency?

Hi!
    I have same issue. Sounds totally different through my Audient id22, from when I connect it directly through PA or active cab.

• Hi!
    I have same issue. Sounds totally different through my Audient id22, from when I connect it directly through PA or active cab.

What inputs are you using on the id22? 99 times out of 100 the problem is using an XLR cable into a budget interface as this automatically engages the mic preamps which can’t properly handle the line level signal from the Kemper. Try using a regular TS instrument cable or TRS balanced cable.

The other common issue is phase cancellation between direct monitoring output and software monitoring via the DAW. Always make sure you are on;y hearing one of the signals not both together.

• What inputs are you using on the id22? 99 times out of 100 the problem is using an XLR cable into a budget interface as this automatically engages the mic preamps which can’t properly handle the line level signal from the Kemper. Try using a regular TS instrument cable or TRS balanced cable.

The other common issue is phase cancellation between direct monitoring output and software monitoring via the DAW. Always make sure you are on;y hearing one of the signals not both together.

Well, since I'm session studio musician I have also external preamps like UAD LA 610, Focusrite ISA two, Audient ASP800, 1176 style compressors etc....

I've tried every possible combination (including impedance changes, direct into converters, polarity...), and figured out that some profiles sound great direct to PA or some kind of speakers, and others through converters/audio interface.