Back to traditional approach : amp in the room experience

• My scarlett power supply went dead this week, and without a sound-card, I'm bound to the traditional approach.

Using my KPA direct to the Kone for the simple pleasure to play live in my studio, without going to the PC & sound-card turned out to be a very enjoyable experience.

I've been sitting each day on my huge 2x12 cab ( Kone equiped) , I can feel the basses of the Kone right under me , and enjoy every chord with some full details , loudness, chime and screams.

Getting back to the old way I played guitar in the past is pure satisfaction, I'm so glad the KPA+Kone can do this in such a great way, and every single person listening to this AC50 profile on Oxford 12L6 in my room comes to the conclusion that I've a killer tone , like a multi thousand dollar amp. Switching imprints always delivers , impressive.

I must say I'm much more impressed (sic) by the imprints than by the new drives , Kone is incredible.

Thx Mr Kemper for achieving this , getting the good ole amp in my room , giving us a killer recording solution etc !!

Focusrite failed , but kemper rocks ;)

Just my 2 cts

• would this be the TJ AC50?

Yep , the freebies.

On my strat : Crunches to die for, huge basses , chimey highs, pot & attack reactive ...

I had one the closest Hendrix tone I never heard from my KPA. I could spend all day long playing an E chord and be happy with the growl ;)

I hope someone will profile other 60's era voxes , like the super beatles, they sound really fantastic.

• yes, direct into the kone is great. i briefly hooked up the kpa to studio monitors out curiosity, quickly changed back to the kone

I usually start setting up the recording tone first , then dial the Kone for pure inspirational monitoring, best of 2 worlds. Sometimes it sounds so good on the Kone , that I want to mike the output ;)

Having a cab with Kone in the studio really helps for monitoring all sorts of instruments here : fender rhodes , basses , they all sound good & inspirational , unlike the stereo monitors , that deliver pure tones , but lack the feel of an amp in the room.