Kemper amp died, potentially killed speakers, laptop and finally itself.

• I've just talked to to the person you've spoke with. possibly, details were lost in translation but "he couldn't say for certain but he doesn't see why it wouldn't be covered" wasn't what he stated and wanted to relay. we operate the same way out US office does: if there's an issue we'll of course have a look and do our best to help - but we cannot make a statement or claim about warranty coverage without even looking at the unit. i hope that clears it up.

I was trying to state that whereas the initial contact stated very quickly that -

"this type of damage is not covered under warranty. So you will be responsible for the cost of the boards."

As Mountainman said, the blown components are very telling and their investigation will give insight as to what occurred, damage from power surges aren't covered. Is a far stronger communication of the policy than what I had received.

The gentleman on the phone had not only an excellent approach to dealing with a situation that was clearly upsetting to me, his English was fantastic, his concern for my experience was clear and far more in line with the customer service I expect from Kemper and he didn't convey a message that essentially wrote off the idea that this warranty is in play. He also didn't contradict Parker, he clarified that he couldn't say for certain which is far more appropriate.

Also, I still haven't received my RMA label.

Have now received label.

Edited once, last by Jamesc ().

• this is no neutral Title, it implies that the Kemper could be in charge of this Problem, which is in my Opinion

not the case, please change the Titel, and take off the word "potentially" until you really know what happened to all your Gear

That is fair and nobody could be lead to the point that the Kemper is a dangerous machine, which its is obviously not

New title is fine as-is. Zero reason to nitpick this to death. As you said - it's your opinion.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• New title is fine as-is. Zero reason to nitpick this to death. As you said - it's your opinion.

Definitely not a time to be giving a chap a hard time for the finer details. There's Covid. There's global financial disaster. There's a complete failure in horrifically expensive gear setup, maybe that persons main source of relaxation, and an unsettling suggestion that it's going to be incredibly expensive to fix.

I'd be gutted. Nay, I'd be in pieces. I say we help a fellow human out and cut them a massive amount of slack.

chu, No "accusations" merely speculation. The OP has stated that his home has been looked over by an electrician. In my 35 years of using and working with non-voltage related musical equipment, on stages and in studios, I have never come across an issue such as this. Please do not suggest that I have no sympathy for the OP. Indeed, I have.. Having said that, I find the title of the thread, "Kemper killed speakers, laptop and finally itself " to be highly misleading .

I'm beginning to smell a troll here. There is absolutely no way the KPA could have caused the amount of damage the OP describes without there being other manifestations of electrical problems within his house... Lights, refrigerators, washing machines. microwaves etc.. If he's not troll, then he's not telling us the full story.

Speculation? No, I'm sorry. I don't accept this. You're beginning to smell troll? If bringing in the word troll to the conversation and aiming it towards an individual isn't an accusation, I don't know what is. This isn't a legal debate to disect each word for clarity, it's about being supportive to someone upset. The word troll should not have been used.

No hard feelings and no need to keep this going. Let's get back to the issue.

The OP believed the house wiring to be safe as they had it checked by a professional; a reasonable assumption. Something has gone badly wrong somewhere. Get the Kemper looked at, hopefully it won't be too bad. Get the plug sockets checked. Then we can look further.

• I have now sent it off via the provided shipping label.

Also, the laptop has gone. I'm waiting to see if there are any black friday/cyber monday deals for studio monitors and would love recommendations :D

Thanks for some of those compassionate sentiments there all. When if all happened, I was in absolute shock. I'm working from home during the pandemic, luckily I had a desktop machine but I do most of my work on the laptop and travel a lot and play video games, record music on the laptop and of course play with the profiler every day.

I'm incredibly lucky to have had that set up and even more lucky that I kept my job throughout so as it is all a set back, we (my Wife and I) will not suffer much hardship getting it all up and running again.

I'll update again once the diagnosis is complete, also when an electrician has been and after thanksgiving, once I've tested the outlets with a tester.

• Just curious, @OP do you not have insurance on the items that are damaged? If you do then just claim from insurance and buy new gear? Obviously I'll understand if you don't have insurance on the gear.

• Just curious, @OP do you not have insurance on the items that are damaged? If you do then just claim from insurance and buy new gear? Obviously I'll understand if you don't have insurance on the gear.

Yes we do however, we just moved into the house and for some reason it was part of the agreement that the previous owners throw in a year of home insurance and home warranty.

I haven't been able to dig the policy up yet. I will of course try to claim.

• I hate to burst your bubble or hope to file a claim, but typical home warranty insurance paid by the seller when buying the house covers any unforeseen occurrences specific to items (i.e. appliances, A/C, furnace, dishwasher, etc.) which came with the house. These cover either the item to be replaced or the labor to repair it with a deductible of course. Most of the time the company tries to get out of the cheap by "repairing" the item, so even here you got to watch and sometimes challenge their decision. I seriously doubt they are going to buy you a new Kemper or even fix your Kemper. On the other hand if you in fact had a surge protector or power conditioner in line with the appliance (the Kemper in this case), sometimes the better units carry a warranty with them that if they don't protect the item they'll replace it. People generally buy these high end power conditioners with line filtering and surge protection when they are trying to protect a very expensive home entertainment systems against power spikes, lightning, and etc. You'd have to look into if in fact the unit/manufacturer carries this type of protection and I'm not talking about a those cheap power strips.

• I think they assume you are trolling because you are resistant to the advice already given to you and you keep insisting that it was the Kemper even though you haven't ruled out anything else yet. You need to get an electrician, preferably a different one, to check your wiring. Then heed the advice the Kemper team have given you regards getting the profiler repaired. That's the only way you can deduce what happened here.

This summarizes my initial speculations/suspicions perfectly.

Speculation? No, I'm sorry. I don't accept this. You're beginning to smell troll? If bringing in the word troll to the conversation and aiming it towards an individual isn't an accusation, I don't know what is. This isn't a legal debate to disect each word for clarity, it's about being supportive to someone upset. The word troll should not have been used.

chu I was unaware of the fact that my choice of words, opinions and comments are subject to your "acceptance" In future , I shall run things past you before posting again ;)

In all seriousness, you are seemingly unable to discern the difference between "Suspicion" and "Accusation" Please allow me to explain; There is a world of difference between, "I'm beginning to smell a troll" and "You ARE a troll" The former is suspicion, the latter is accusation. I hope that clears things up for you.

I apologize to the OP for any offense caused and I sincerely hope that he manages to get everything sorted out safely and securely :)

• Firstly and foremost, I think everyone here feels genuinley sorry for your situation, we would all be devastated in the same situation.

As far as unfounded accusations go, the thread title seems like a grossly improbable, illogical and/or disingenuous accusation. I'm confident Kemper would be willing to help you out without having to create a thread title like that

• Ok, just so you know, I believe also the kemper is not able to kill your monitors or laptop, no way that can happen, so most likely you had a floating phase in that section of your house (so technically speaking no grounding). What most likely happened, is an undervoltage damaging the power section of your equipment, not the inputs per se, and most likely, the kemper suffered some digital damage for the same reason. If I am right, you blowed the fuses from your rockit, a cap or resistor in your laptop power source. Undervoltage will make overcurrent powered systems, wich is typically saved by the fuse. In the kemper, undervoltage could fry some other components if it worked a long time in an undervoltage condition (same for the laptop) can suffer some damage to the eeprom or other hardware. Some white line devices (fridges and washing machines) are not as sensible to undervoltage, but might be you had some issues with your electric supply, or it might just be a section of your house with a wrong wiring (it can be a rat chewing cable or something). I wish you the best, if you need support diagnosing anything, I would be glad to help.

The answer is 42

• You said everything was plugged into an "M-audio soundcard" do you mean one of there external interfaces? If that is the link between all the other damaged electronics, I would take a closer look at it also.

• You said everything was plugged into an "M-audio soundcard" do you mean one of there external interfaces? If that is the link between all the other damaged electronics, I would take a closer look at it also.

Still incredibly unlikely an M-Audio soundcard blowed a laptop and a pair of monitors. Who knows...

The answer is 42

• OK, maybe the word 'accusation' isn't the absolutely perfect word to have used, however it isn't a world away. In law, the two are intrinsically linked, with overlapping elements. If you wish to disect my posts to ensure absolute accuracy and clarity, it would be beneficial if your own were up to to the same mark, which they have not been. But that's just the way that relaxed conversation goes.

Anyway, let's put it to bed. I'm sorry for any offence/misunderstanding.

• OK, maybe the word 'accusation' isn't the absolutely perfect word to have used, however it isn't a world away. In law, the two are intrinsically linked, with overlapping elements. If you wish to disect my posts to ensure absolute accuracy and clarity, it would be beneficial if your own were up to to the same mark, which they have not been. But that's just the way that relaxed conversation goes.

Anyway, let's put it to bed. I'm sorry for any offence/misunderstanding.

Fair enough :)