Noise reduction underneath the signal

• Maybe I am just looking for a "better than real" thing, but I have a small suspicion thet Kemper is a bit more noisy than a real amp. I don't remember, but I think back in the day when I was gigging with real amps I didn't have hum at such low gain tones. Maybe I am wrong of course.

actually it has less noise than its analog (profiled) counterpart.

did you try slowly rotating 90 degrees left and right? (you and your guitar that is, not the PROFILER) usually there is a position where there is no noise from external sources.
    The PROFILER is an amplifier, not a noise generator ;)

My guess is that computer hardware, a cell phone etc. is creating the noise you pick up.

If this were an issue of the PROFILER it would have been reported multiple times in the last eight years. ;)

• There are a lot of ways to reduce noise, but sometimes you're just stuck with a certain level of buzz/hum/hiss, things you don't want, in a system involving magnetic pickups. Software like the iZotope RX suite can "learn" a noise profile and try to remove it, which can work quite well. EHX makes a pedal called the Hum Debugger that filters out 60 Hz (in the US) and its harmonics. I think what the OP was asking for was a more "intelligent" noise solution, similar to the iZotope or EHX products, in addition to the Input noise gate and the Stomp noise gate.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what process the Input noise gate is using, but it actually may be similar to the Hum Debugger:

KEMPER PROFILER Main Manual 7.0

The input Noise Gate eliminates the noise and hum of your guitar in a very smart way. Turn the NOISE GATE knob to the right until noise and hum have disappeared; do not turn it beyond that point, as this might alter the sound of your guitar. When set to the appropriate position, you will notice that noise and hum are eliminated, even when the strings are still sounding. There is no need for an additional release control as found in classic noise gate.

The soft knob “Line Frequency” lets you choose between a line frequency of 50 or 60 Hz. The Noise Gate will use this setting to eliminate ground hum, the frequency of which is based on the physical location the PROFILER is being used at. “50 Hz (auto)” and “60 Hz (auto)” will detect the line frequency automatically.

• hi Jimmy, sorry to hear about the issues you are having but as Nicky (Monkey Man) said they don’t sound normal. The input noise gate definitely isn’t just a regular noise gate but an intelligent noise suppressor. I rarely run mine above 2 or 3 even on high gain profiles. Even at that the KPA is much quieter than my real amps and it doesn’t affect the transients on the signal.

Maybe I am just looking for a "better than real" thing, but I have a small suspicion thet Kemper is a bit more noisy than a real amp. I don't remember, but I think back in the day when I was gigging with real amps I didn't have hum at such low gain tones. Maybe I am wrong of course.

this is also contrary to my experience. The KPA is significantly less noisy than my real amps in every way. In fact that is one of the reasons why I just can’t make myself use my real amps even just for noodling at home; they are just so bloody noisy that it drives me crazy ?

• Hi!

I had this terrible but quiet hiss when playing long sustained notes and the tail was unusable for recording... And the problem was, PC screen! Turning my back to the computer solved this for me.