Best way to connect Kemper to Macbook?

• 3 possibilities that come to my mind right now:

1. the output from the Profiler is too low. Check the output settings.
    2. the input of the interface is not correct. Check if it’s a line or a mic signal and is the gain set properly?
    3. broken cable. Check them, switch them.

• Hello All!

I was going to start a new thread, but I read through this one, and I think I can just post here. I just bought a Kemper (unpowered toaster version). And similar to one of the posters, I just want to simply play guitar via Kemper with YouTube backing tracks (maybe one day I will look into recording).

I have my guitar plugged into the the front input of the Kemper. Then I have a TS cable (an extra guitar cable I had laying around) going from Main Output RIGHT (I have also tried LEFT) going into the Channel 2 input in front of my Focusright Scarlett Solo unit (the only option for plugging in). In the OUTPUT section of the Kemper, I have set Main Output to MASTER MONO.

Finally, the Focusrite is connected to my new MacBook Pro via USB (using an adaptor). Also, my monitors are connected to the back of the Focusrite.

My computer audio comes out great (YouTube or my music collection), but I cannot get my guitar to come through the monitors. How can I accomplish this?

I have plugged in headphones into the Kemper unit itself and it sounds awesome! When I plug the headphones into the Focusrite, I can't hear anything. Finally, I have plugged my monitor speakers directly into the Kemper's Main Output Unit (stereo), and that sounded great! But I can't seem to get my Computer audio and my Kemper/Guitar audio to come out of the speakers together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• I had the same problem you are having. It is possible to do what you are asking but, yes it is way too over complicated. You will need a special cable to set up stereo line level out from your MacBook to the Kemper. Read through this thread and you can figure it out. It is not intuitive and it is not easy. There is also a video on the Kemper website that describes how to do it.

Line Level Out to Kemper Thread

I have a similar problem as the OP is having getting my MacBook Pro and Profiler head to connect. I have been working with support for two weeks now on this issue and there is still no resolution. I can't update firmware or transfer rigs to and from my Kemper because of this issue.

Rig Manager will not connect to the Kemper. If this problem persist, I will have no choice but to return the Kemper to the retailer where I purchased it.

• If you're not recording your instrument & are just playing along with the laptop, you need to press the Direct Monitor button on the front of the Scarlett. That routes the input signal back to the output so you can hear it without going through the computer.