Switch function Performance mode : Please add "circle" or "turn around" option.

• HI

Footswitch configuration: Rig Up and Rig down PLEASE add the option "circle" (go around inside the same RIG in circles).
    This option can be very useful: pressing the switch, advance one slot like press right button , if there are no more slots to the right, the system should go back to the first slot etc ...
    In many situations, a performance do not need more.

EDIT : Everything could be done with only 1 switch (first slot) -> (second slot) -> (if no more slots) << back to first

Name could be "turn around"

And "less is more" :P

Edited 3 times, last by Algado ().

• Passer du 1er Rig au dernier de ta performance, bien sur si tu rappuie dessus ça passe au 1er Rig de la performance suivante et ainsi de suite...

Not interesting : Everything could be done with only 1 switch (first slot) -> (second slot) -> (if no more slots) << back to first

Second switch become free for other option ;)

Edited once, last by Algado ().

• I really don't see that as a helpful workflow. For me the ability to have 5 slots as we do at the moment and select these via single switches is much more intuitive. I would very rarely use morphing over simply clicking a new slot.

OK for you, I don't like to have 5 switches. Kemper Board is probably usefull but too complex sometime.

Some people loves switches, I prefer to have as less as possible.

I don't need all of this, just need minimal configuration.

On Head, I select performances

On switch I only need switching to the next slot.

I would like Kemper add option "Next slot, back to first if no more slot" to avoid error risk switching to next performance if no more slots.

• I don't see adding this feature as a negative - but in live performance, I'd find it unreliable at best. I quit naming slots by section names (verse, chorus etc.). I was forever getting lost when arrangements changed (are they calling *this* the tag...or that a refrain?).

What sound do I want? Clean, Breakup, Dirty, Ambient...etc. Also - it's rare for me to use ONE rig tone in a performance. A Twin will not sound like a Soldano on the boil no matter what pedal you stick in front of it. The reverse is also true.

Arrangements often change in rehearsal.....then on stage *that* arrangement often goes straight out the window. One previous section repeated screws the one-button idea up. Then, on the fly, you have to find the sound you want on the buttons you never use.

The only way I see the loop approach working is if you're playing a song that is always played *exactly* the same way, every time. Even in a worship context, where the services are supposed to be identical and arrangements are supposedly frozen due to tracks - that's often not what happens at all.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The only way I see the loop approach working is if you're playing a song that is always played *exactly* the same way, every time. Even in a worship context, where the services are supposed to be identical and arrangements are supposedly frozen due to tracks - that's often not what happens at all.

Well, I'm absolutly certain it ist THE goal :)'
    whether your name is Santana or the guitarist of the radio orchestra, it's more than a certainty :P

• Well, I'm absolutly certain it ist THE goal :)'
    whether your name is Santana or the guitarist of the radio orchestra, it's more than a certainty :P

I don't know where you play, but at my church the arrangements are close, but frequently change. Your idea failed miserably......

....and I know this because I had a very similar idea and tried it. Each sound was the next slot - at slot 5, set Tap button to Performance up, auto-load slot one. Keep going in the new Performance. Sounds great in theory and failed *miserably* the instant something changed.

Like altering the verse sound. 4 verses? Four rig changes....and you've got maybe a minute before the next count off.

In a Rock/Blues/Jazz setting? Forget it.

• thanks for your helpful misery :P

What's wrong for you? forbid others to think otherwise? to keep the kemper in his primitive choices? Very helpful thank you :thumbdown:

• I totally agree with Ruefus that the idea of a one button option makes absolutely no sense and is a recipe for disaster on stage. If that's your bag then OK but you are probably in a minority on 1 :P

However, I do actually support the request for a simple loop round option! I think this would be very useful for things like a large number of rigs loaded in the Browse Pool or large set lists of Performances where users currently need to scroll all the way back to the beginning instead of simply looping back to the beginning with a single click.

I have requested a feature previously where loop option would be combined with a rig/performance limit so that a user could select a start and end point for looping. Lets say you have 100 performances loaded in the KPA for some strange reason. However, tonight you want to be able to create a set list with just 10 performances from that pool and you want to be able navigate between them as quickly as possible. You would set the lower limit as say 22 and the upper as 31. When you reach either end the list would simply loop back to the beginning.

It would still be safer and more efficient in most cases to create the set list in RM and only load the actual performances needed onto the KPA but still be able to loop round at either end of the list. This would work well in the vast majority of cases but what about a situation where a set changes at the last minute and you don't have the performance on the KPA? A possible solution might be to have a larger performance pool and a set list sub pool but have the ability to exit the sub pool at any time. All of this sounds really useful but every time I think about one part I find another part that makes it more complicated than I initially thought. Therefore, this stream of thought is really just a long winded way of saying. I would probably just be happy with a loop round at either end option for simplicity :D

• Great :thumbup: (except "recipe for disaster on stage" but it's your switch lover analysis) someone switch performance on the Kemper head

I single option could be to have the possibility to choose "Back OR Forward" (next rig) at the end of the performance last slot...

• I still can’t see how your one button scroll through slots within a performance would be of any interest to anyone but you as it takes a logical functionality and turns it into a primitive workaround.

however, in the scenario above, with only two sounds (core and solo) you can already achieve this with just one switch in a logical manner. You only need one rig and the effects for the solo sound. You can either set your one switch to toggle on/off an effect slot or set it to toggle morph state to control multiple fx and settings. So your one switch if set to morph could engage, overdrive , delay, eq and boost rig volume for solos. Second press would take you back to the base state of just your core sound.

• thanks for your helpful misery :P

What's wrong for you? forbid others to think otherwise? to keep the kemper in his primitive choices? Very helpful thank you :thumbdown:

Forbid? Nah.

But learn from what others have done? I would hope.

• This is a bad idea: Given a song with Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Solo, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Outro (or some more Verse/Chorus). The Performance is build up Intro on Slot 1, Verse on Slot 2, Chorus on Slot 3, Solo on Slot 4 and Outro on Solt 5.

Your idea is: Starting with Intro then pressing the switch turns on Verse pressing next time enables Chorus. At this point everything is ok. But then you need the Verse-Slot. By pressing the switch you enable Solo. That's not what you want. How to get back to Verse? You have to press 4 times to reach it. Your feature request only works with two Slots. But this can be done with a simple dual switch. Click left for Slot 1 and right for Slot 2.

My 2Cents to the feature request.

• This is a bad idea: Given a song with Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Solo, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Outro (or some more Verse/Chorus). The Performance is build up Intro on Slot 1, Verse on Slot 2, Chorus on Slot 3, Solo on Slot 4 and Outro on Solt 5.

Your idea is: Starting with Intro then pressing the switch turns on Verse pressing next time enables Chorus. At this point everything is ok. But then you need the Verse-Slot. By pressing the switch you enable Solo. That's not what you want. How to get back to Verse? You have to press 4 times to reach it. Your feature request only works with two Slots. But this can be done with a simple dual switch. Click left for Slot 1 and right for Slot 2.

My 2Cents to the feature request.

Your idea would be good if morphing would allow you to migrate from one slot to another.

I am not in love with switches and the Kemper is very very imperfect ... It starts to require a fan club, that not interests me. It's just a fucking tool, which will end up in the trash if it doesn't fix its countless bugs and doesn't get any more innovative.

Well, in a forum I have no way : I never think like the birds, ans in addition, birds hate new idea...

So my performance in this post is honorable, they is more thant 10% likes, a wonderful parformance in a furum, despite switches-lovers are so agressive to explain their love in ... metal button-pushing :)'

the absolute palm comes to the comment above: "But learn from what others have done? I would hope." How do you qualify the superior trollism, the one that no one reaches ;)?

Normaly, Kemper should say : heu... whe dont't thing your idea is so good because other accept (the médiocrity) and the birds squeal : done !

Best regards.

• I'm not sure where you're coming from with this. Your disdain for 'metal button pushing' is odd. You only want to push *one*.....multiple times. Yet the rest of us are 'switch-lovers'. That Pedal Show must give you a nervous tick.

Then you take a swipe at Kemper in general. How mature.

My comment of 'learning from others' is trollism? Really? How exactly did you learn to play your guitar? Or any other skill down to learning to tie your shoes?

Your apparent failure to see - or accept - anyone else's point of view on this without responding in criticism says more about you than it does the community. Especially when some of us have *agreed* with your premise - and tried to get there and failed. Failed in front of hundreds, more than once. Forget learning from the experience of others.....you 'know better'.

What you call failure to 'accept a new idea' is actually a group of people trying to explain that we've been there, done that - and here's what to expect.

If that's 'mediocrity', give me more of that. Heck - I may call my next project The Mediocre.

EDIT: I think "Algado's Mediocre" has a nice ring.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().