KPA and Voodoo Lab GCP

• Hi gang,

tonight I connected my GCP to the KPA for the first time. A couple of problems and questions arose:

1. When switching between rigs, I still hear those high frequency crackling for a split second. I reported this problem to Kemper and they seem to have improved that, but still you get that noise when switching between presets. Init did not help. I am using FW 1.09.

2. When assigning a stomp module to one of the instant access buttons on the GCP and saving a preset with Stomp A "on" and switching forth and back between this preset and another (say the same preset without Stomp A), Stomp A does not come on when switching to the preset with the Stomp A activated. I have to push the instant access button a couple of times more before Stomp A comes on. I guess the same would apply for any other Stomp or function, have not tried that.

FIX: I forgot to put the IA to "XMIT with PRSET". This "fixed" my problem. MIDIOT I am :wacko:

3. When I assign a preset to a MIDI Chang Control# this number does not correspond to the Voodoo Lab #. Say I assign #116 to a preset on the KPA I need to set the GCP to #117 and so. Almost as if the GCP is one # ahead if that makes sense.

Maybe the last two problems are specific for the GCP, but this would rule out the GCP as a controller for me for the KPA. Any other GCP care to chime in?

Thanks for any info on this.

Dote

Edited 2 times, last by Dote ().

• 3. When I assign a preset to a MIDI Chang Control# this number does not correspond to the Voodoo Lab #. Say I assign #116 to a preset on the KPA I need to set the GCP to #117 and so. Almost as if the GCP is one # ahead if that makes sense.

Hi Dote,

there is a point in the main menu in the GCP where you can put the Cc's to -1. Then it is possible to switch with the Cc-Number from the KPA within the configuration menu of the GCP.

There is a part in the GCP's manual referring on this and how to set it up rightly. I can't remember where it was in manual, but it is there!

Good luck!

• Hi, Mao1406 is right! You have to change to number, of which the gcp starts.
    I had to program a lot, especially the pedals, which you have to change for every preset, but now it works very fine for me.
    I use the kemper/gcp with two pedals live and I never had a better sounding system - and I have a lot of very expensive stuff !
    Best regards, Mario

• Thanks guys,

you were right. It is in the Device name/channel menu and the GCP should start with #001. Now it is working perfectly.

Thanks again, I should have read the manual of the GCP more closely ;)

Dote