GGD All The Gains

• There has been very little talk about this Profile Pack and I think there should and I’ll tell you why.

1. Every amp is dialed in with good balance. I’d say they’re in the perfect sweet spot. No grazy mid scoops or boomy/muddy bottom end etc.

2. Lot of amps, but only one Rhythm & one Lead tone from each of them. (This is a good thing and you’ll see why). Let me say, that the amp collection has everything that a High Gain player needs!

3. Amps are profiled without the Cab, so you have perfect Profile of it and you can use any cab or IR to get the most authentic tone out. Rhythm and Lead tones do come with Mesa and Zilla cabs and they are good cab captures.

4. The power of IR is the thing why I say it is great to have only ONE nicely dialed in Amp. In this case there are TWO (Rhythm/Lead). Cab (IR) affects the tone so SO much more, than slight changes on the Amp EQ. Like said, all the amps are dialed in great... dare I say neutral? In a good balance is maybe more suitable. Now I have few of my favorite IRs, that I can change in the Cab section to have very different tone and I say drastically different. I get many great tones out of only one amp by simple changing the IR in the Cab section. It is easy and it is quick!

So there is my opinion of this Profile Pack. The tones are amazing out of the box, but all the amps sound so great, that you’ll get even more out this pack by trying different IRs/Cabs. I know that many Kemper users rarely use IRs, but give it a change!

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• Here is a little demo where I use KSR Gemini Amp and four different IRs. All the settings are the same, only IR is changed.

Guitars Only

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In A Mix

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by drop the sun ().

• What can you tell me about the rhythm vs lead pairings? Is the rhythm no boost or just less boost?

Lead has more gain. Both have overdrive pedals ON by default. Rhythm tones use Mesa 4x12 Cab and Lead use Zilla 2x12 Cab.

• Wasn't it $40 before? This $60 is for the black Friday discount? :)

I see some so-so reviews on YouTube comments from those who've used it.. so I don't know if to pull the trigger..

I don't want to be disappointed.

I know nothing about IRs and look for profiles that sounds good out of the box without many tweaking.

• For those into djent and low downtuning and a lot of gain, this might be perfect for them. For me? No.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• There's a reason people don't hype this pack. The profiles are not bad by any means, but not spectacular either. Especially considering the price for the pack, which I frankly think is a joke compared to other offerings. For example, you can get the mega pack from Petr Canov (Peter's Crazy Profiles - great high gain stuff in there) in addition to the Katzbach Marshall pack (two very unknown gems in the Kemper world) for that money and I guarantee you it'll be the better buy, providing vastly more amps and cab IRs, but even more important the same quality if not better.

Again, that's not to say the GGD pack is bad! But out of the box the profiles sound too similar. I had to adjust literally every profile until I was somewhat satisfied: Lower the gain slightly, disable the Green Scream, swap out some Cabs.

In my opinion the GGD pack seems a bit "lazy made" and is not worth the high price: Two profiles of each amp where they slapped exactly two premade IRs on top, put a Green Scream on everything and applied the same EQ to every profile (rhythm & lead).

In conclusion, no hate towards GGD and if you like their pack I'm happy for you, but all potential customers beware and you may want to look into alternatives first - especially if you care about value to money ratio and/or are prone to buyer's remorse ;)

• I bought Peter’s Crazy Pack and have to agree: it is amazing and his Profiles work very well for my taste. I mean, there is so many great Profiles, that it is absolutely imposible to pick a favorite.

You were right. GGD Pack doesn’t have a change compared to Peter’s Profile Pack. Thanks for this tip!!

Happy New Year!

• I bought Peter’s Crazy Pack and have to agree: it is amazing and his Profiles work very well for my taste. I mean, there is so many great Profiles, that it is absolutely imposible to pick a favorite.

You were right. GGD Pack doesn’t have a change compared to Peter’s Profile Pack. Thanks for this tip!!

Happy New Year!

Hey that's awesome! I'm glad I could point you in the right direction :)

Again, it's not about hating some product, but I'm always for comparing the actual quality & price-to-performance instead of only going by company reputation - and I'd like to recommend everyone to do the same. :thumbup: