how to use a stompbox effect without actually giving up a pedal on your pedalboard

• I'm playing with a boost stompbox activated in a EVH 5150 III performance. This boost is directed from the B knob on the Kemper in the stomp section. In this setup the boost stompbox setting is using pedal 7 on my FCB1010. I'm using the uno4kemper chip with midi in and out. So I can turn the boost on and off.

Is it possible to have the boost setting on without having to use up a pedal on my FCB1010 pedalboard?

Can I edit a performance with effects so that the default performance is with the effect on, without actually having to use the stompbox section?

• Yes you can turn the effect/boost on and then save it. That way when you recall that rig/ patch it will be on by default.

but no, you can’t then free up the B slot. It still needs to exist there.

-- Trig

• No, you have to think of the slots as containers you put effects into so they can be used.

for boost and drive type effects the only other way is to include them in the signal chain when the amp is profiled so they are baked into the core sound.

-- Trig