Kemper Kabinet good option for home?

• yes i would love to hear your update!

I was looking at some Tannoy Gold 7. Read some good reviews from guitar players

So I just set up my pair of ADAM A7x's (on Rockville monitor stands). As mentioned, I've owned the Kemper for about 10 days now ... up until tonight I've only played them through headphones.

The ADAM A7x's sound great! As to the question of the thread: I think this is a brilliant solution for at home, bedroom level playing. I actually only have played the ADAM's very quiet, since kids are asleep. But it sounded great. I'm sure it would sound better turned up a bit, but the point is: I can easily get bedroom volumes in a way that has not been easy with my tube amps (which was the whole reason I bought the Kemper).

I don't have a ton on which to make a comparison - all I know is running the Kemper mains into the ADAM A7x's produced a great sound instantly. They definitely aren't cheap and I'm positive that great results could be had with cheaper nearfields. But I can vouch for the A7x's being awesome and noob-proof!

• I have krk rokit 5 monitors and like them for quiet noodling. I chose them because they have the resonance hole on the front side. So I can place them closer to the wall

• You guys do know that you don't have to use studio monitors at 85db all the time, right? They should sound just as good at 25db, or you need a new pair. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You guys do know that you don't have to use studio monitors at 85db all the time, right? They should sound just as good at 25db, or you need a new pair. ;)

the onitors will sound just as good but yours ears won’t perceive it that way ?

also when you get really quiet the sound of the strings can be a real annoyance

• So I just set up my pair of ADAM A7x's (on Rockville monitor stands). As mentioned, I've owned the Kemper for about 10 days now ... up until tonight I've only played them through headphones.

The ADAM A7x's sound great! As to the question of the thread: I think this is a brilliant solution for at home, bedroom level playing. I actually only have played the ADAM's very quiet, since kids are asleep. But it sounded great. I'm sure it would sound better turned up a bit, but the point is: I can easily get bedroom volumes in a way that has not been easy with my tube amps (which was the whole reason I bought the Kemper).

I don't have a ton on which to make a comparison - all I know is running the Kemper mains into the ADAM A7x's produced a great sound instantly. They definitely aren't cheap and I'm positive that great results could be had with cheaper nearfields. But I can vouch for the A7x's being awesome and noob-proof!

so what is your signal path? Whichs ports do you use from the kemper?

• the onitors will sound just as good but yours ears won’t perceive it that way ?

also when you get really quiet the sound of the strings can be a real annoyance

LOL. I call that heaven. I actually get inspired to write a new song when I hear strings clanging out at random. So, I never lower the volume knob when I put the guitar away. I guess that weird but works great for me.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Soo i got the kabinet and Tannoy Gold 7. I laughed my ass off because i failed miserably on the Tannoys! They were way bigger than expected so i immediately shipped them back for Gold 5.. BUT the Kabinet mannn! What a blessing. It is also perfect for lower volumes so your neighbours wont complain, Perfect! Still learning all the goodstuff from my kemper but i love it big time!