Manual page 71 and volumes

• Some things on page 71 confuse the heck out of me the way it is written.

First is starts off talking about rig volume. then it reads:

"If you feel that clean Rigs sound softer or louder than distorted Rigs, please don’t try to fix it by adjusting the volume of the individual Rigs! Instead, you should readjust the Clean Sens parameter in the Input Section to match your guitar to the PROFILER.

Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs."

When it reads "use this parameter" is it meaning the rig volume or clean sens?  

It also reads:

"This is the same as the parameter assigned to the RIG VOLUME knob on the front panels of PROFILER Head, What is "this " parameter it is referring to?

And:

" In case you want to morph Rig Volume, and don’t own a PROFILER Head or PowerHead, you might find it more convenient to adjust the Base Sound and Morph Sound values using the display on this page." On what page?

• Hi Dynochrome.

Page 71 is part of the section referring to Rig Volume that begins on page 70. It's reasonable to assume that "this parameter" refers to Rig Volume in a chapter so named. Here's a screenshot of the Kemper Manual. Unfortunately, there's a page break between heading Rig Volume and the text you quoted.

For your second question.

The same assumption "This is the same..." means Rig Volume, because this all under the section heading Rig Volume.

Please note - The Kemper Stage does not have a physical RIG VOLUME knob. But like the PROFILER Head, Rack, and PowerRack, the Stage has a RIG button. When you press that, the right most soft knob is RIG VOLUME.

ST

• All of a sudden it went to speaking of the clean sens followed by "Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs." That's one thing that confused me.

Then I'm to understand that the rig volume knob on the front also adjusts the volume parameter when you push the rig button and go into that section. I wonder in the signal chain where is "amp volume" and "Rig volume"located? Sounds like they want you to use amp volume to balance rigs overall and use rig volume to adjust levels within a performance say for a louder song or boost? Problem I'm seeing is that if you turn up rig volume, you're also driving the FX harder.

• Now I'm understanding:

" In case you want to morph Rig Volume, and don’t own a PROFILER Head or PowerHead, you might find it more convenient to adjust the Base Sound and Morph Sound values using the display on this page."

I think this may be that the rack doesn't have lights so it may be easier to use the on screen parameters in the rig section..

• Hi, Dynochrome.

Then I'm to understand that the rig volume knob on the front also adjusts the volume parameter when you push the rig button and go into that section.

On the Profiler Head (and I assume Profiler Rack, Power Rack, but not the Stage)

When you press the Rig button and then turn the fourth soft knob (Rig Volume) - you will see the LED for the soft knob and the separate Rig Volume control go up and down in sync.

Then I'm to understand that the rig volume knob on the front also adjusts the volume parameter when you push the rig button and go into that section. I wonder in the signal chain where is "amp volume" and "Rig volume"located? Sounds like they want you to use amp volume to balance rigs overall and use rig volume to adjust levels within a performance say for a louder song or boost? Problem I'm seeing is that if you turn up rig volume, you're also driving the FX harder.

See: master volume VS rig volume VS amp volume

• Right. That thread backed up what I had gathered by this thread and everyone's help. I believe I got it now. I wanted to do things the way the manual suggested. But I still wonder: Where in the signal chain where is "amp volume" and "Rig volume"located since they are two different things?

• i can’t remember for sure but I think the only difference is that Amp volume comes before the FX blocks so increasing this raises the signal hitting thr delay and reverb etc whereas Rig volume comes after the effects so raises the reverb tails etc.

i haven’t had a chance to test it but it shoul be easy enough to confirm.