Boosting leads.

• I have had some discussion about adjusting relative rig volumes in performances. I saw MBritt uses the volume in the amplifier section. When I talked about that here a member reminded me that that would drive the post FX harder as well, and I didn't want to do that, so I thought to use the rig volume knob instead. then I realized that the rig volume is before the post FX and would drive them harder too so potentially amp volume & rig volume would have the same effect on the overall sound.

I was going to use morph to boost every slot to a lead volume using rig volume as a control, so my clean sound can have a clean lead boost crunch can have it's own level of lead boost etc.

(Things I used to do with dual masters but this gives variable options for each sound) Then I realized (duh) that rig volume was before the FX section too. I know an option would be to put a pure boost in the last module and use that but I didn't want to take up a module just for a volume boost if I didn't have to.

The manual reads to adjust amp volume differentials using the Amplifier section volume, which is probably why MBritt does it that way. Is there a difference between amp volume soft knob and Rig volume hard knob in the signal chain or is that what the manual means when it reads: "This is the same as the parameter assigned to the RIG VOLUME knob on the front panels of PROFILER Head"

Really I'm just trying to figure out the best way to boost volume quite a bit with a morph while not driving the FX section harder and hopefully without using a precious module slot.

Edited once, last by Dynochrome: I was incorrect, I was confusing rig volume with amp volume. Turning up the volume in the rig section does change the knob. ().

• I was going to use morph to boost every slot to a lead volume using rig volume as a control, so my clean sound can have a clean lead boost crunch can have it's own level of lead boost etc.

That's also my way to boost for solo. I did not notice an effect on the FX section. Perhapst because I don't use FXs that are sensitive to more volume.