Guys, help me find a 2x12 solution please :)

• Hi everyone.

I'm looking for suggestions for a nice vertical 2x12 setup with the Kemper Kones.

An option would be buying 2 Kemper cabinets and put them on top of each other. I assume I can stack them?

Another option would be buying an empty (or not) vertical 2x12 cabinet and place 2 Kones in them.

But then we're getting a lot 4 and 8 ohm issues. I'm a plug and play type of person so I really don't feel like modifying the cabinet completely just to place new speakers in them.

I was looking at Marshall Origin 2x12. It's 8 ohms. But it gives you an idea of what i'm looking for.

I'm not interested in Harley Benton floor monitors. They seem to work well but i need something a bit more classy ;)

Thanks a bunch for your time!

• I have vertical 2x12 from TRM Cabs and it is a great and sturdy cabinet. I put 2 Celestion F12-X200's in it and it sounded great with the Kemper (I've since gone to a 1x12 Thiele Cab from TRM to have a smaller total rig). TRM also makes a vertical ported 2x12 that I would imagine would sound tremendous with the Celestion's or the Kemper Kones.

Tim's cabs are very well made and high quality. You can order them unfinished, oiled, or tolexed. I highly recommend them.

http://www.trmguitarcabs.com/index.html

• 2 Kabinets will stack ( as per your picture). I'm about to buy another myself so I can do what you are after.

I was a bit confused on your "But then we're getting a lot 4 and 8 ohm issues. " statement....the ohmage is driver by the speakers and how they are wired not by the cab itself. I assume you knew that?

• Paul at Zilla built me a Super Fatboy 2x12 cab that I loaded with Kones. Absolutely stunning results.

Yeah, that looks amazing!

• You can easily wire two Kemper Kones (each 4 ohms) in a 2x12 cabinet in series to yield an 8 ohm load to the amp. If you wire in parallel you'll only have a 2 ohm load.

It's a little more tricky to connect two separate 4 ohm 1x12 cabinets (each with a 4 ohm Kone) in series -- not hard, but you need to be sure you've got them in series, otherwise you'll have a 2 ohm load to the amp (and most amps, including the Kemper PowerHead and PowerRack, are not designed for that low a load). 99% of cabinets that have "daisy chain" outputs are wired in parallel.

There are boxes that allow you to handle any multiple cabs, in series or parallel (like this one: http://procablesnsound.com/ite…py-cab-/HAPCAB-detail.htm), or you can build an interface pretty simply.

Edited to add: I just noticed the Kemper Kabinet outputs are labeled "series" so they can be directly connected to each other in a "dual cab" configuration.

• Edited to add: I just noticed the Kemper Kabinet outputs are labeled "series" so they can be directly connected to each other in a "dual cab" configuration.

That's exactly what they are designed for. Up to 4 Kabinets can be linked using the "through" connection.

• Thanks!

• BTW, I should add that for any cab i'm using that I didn't wire, I check the cab's impedance with a multimeter on the speaker cable plugged into the cab. For daisy chained cabs, I'd measure impedance on the speaker cable that would be plugged into the amp, i.e., the final impedance the amp will see. Note that the actual impedance will not be exactly 4, 8, or 16 ohms using a multimeter -- you'll get a ready about 15% or so lower than the labeled value (I've got 16 ohm speakers that measure ~13'ish ohms, and 8 ohm speakers that measure around 6-7).