Mitch Malloy Malloy Master Tracks studios

• Hey guys I'm Mitch Malloy. Singer Songwriter all around tone dweeb and massive geek. Otherwise disguised as a rock star. ;>) I'm a Kemper Endorser and proud of it. This thing is a beast. I'm tracking with it in my studio and as some of you have noticed I've been profiling my amps as well. Glad you like them. The Roger Waters band (Pink Floyd) is opening for me this Wed night in Nashville at 12th and Porter and I've just decided to use the Kemper live for the fist time. I like the fact that I can get my tone without killing my ears. I will be checking back periodically on here to chat if you have any questions or just want to say hello. For those of you that do not know me here I am.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mitch-Malloy-Fans/367824767907

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…dex=21&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…ndex=5&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…ndex=2&feature=plpp_video

Mitch

• Hi Mitch,

I just got my Kemper & then was sent to job training for 3 weeks. I have not had much time with my Kemper yet. I look forward to checking out your profiles when I get home. Anyways, I enjoyed your videos. It is great to see somebody doing what you do & playing out in front of such a large crowd & you seem like an acomplished performer. You look to really enjoy yourself while performing. Good luck!

• Van Who? Never heard of um. ;) Thanks for the nice welcome everyone. This box is saving my marriage. :) Not to mention my ears.. I'm sure there will be some little vids from Wed nights show... I'm finding the profiles I like best with my Aiken 212 cab are the Aiken head and the Fender pro Jr. Why do my profiles work best for me? Hum,,, ?? I'm not saying I don't like some of the others as I really do it just seems the ones I made work best for me. Could be I'm just used to hearing those tones.. Must be it..

• Also I'm using a Hafler pro 1200 in mono down to 4 ohms cause all my cabs are wired to 4 ohms. The Hafler is bad ass. THis is my new live club rig. No foot switch yet though I will probably jus do the gig without one. I really only use 2 sounds anyway. Crunch and less crunch. Would be nice to be abel to switch sounds though for a lead tone here and there. And i LOVE that clean 100 tone by Tills I think it is. Amazingly 80's expensive sounding clean tone. I wish I coud switch to that for the ballads. I think its a Rivera head.

• Hi Mitch,

back in the early 90s I´ve found your first CD in local store in Cologne/Germany. I didn´t know you/you´re music at all - but the cover was in some way promising.
    After listening to the CD it became one of my favorite melodic rock albums ever.
    Great to have you here in our little (?) Kemper-world.
    Manfred

• Hi Mitch,

the Hafler Pro 1200 is just 170 Watt in bridged mode. Does it give you the right punch you need on stage? I am very interested in your opinion, because you are using the KPA in professional relation. I use a Matrix GT800FX with a pair of 1x12 806 Thiele Cabs loaded with EV12L speaker. I am satisfied, let's say 80 percent. In lower to mid loudness levels I really like it. But when it gets louder it sounds a bit stiff, solid state like. I know that I have to adjust the highs and lows when increasing the level (Fletcher-Monsun-Curve). Still I am chasing after the missing 20 percent, soundwise.

Though - I am an old school tube amp user - I changed a 100% to "artificial" tubes. I sold all my other gear and I am going the new way without compromises. Since the KPA came out, I am convinced, that there is a new time for guitar amplification. Only thing what is demanded - is a new way of understanding and thinking about the whole subject.

I recently did a tour with my new equipment. I did not miss my Marshall!!

Is there anybody who compared the new Matrix GT1000FX vs. GT800FX. It is supposed to be a step further, I heared.

• Yes at super quiet volumes its best cause it gives us everything with no pain. You start to turn it up and it gets a little too complex because the volume is adding a color that is already there somewhat, perhaps that is what's happening. Although if you take the same cab you are running the Kemper though and A/B it to your amps while you are standing there you will find the Kemper is better. That's what's happening over here. I'm taking them one at a time and A/B'ing them at the same volume and although the Kemper might sound a little strange in a way it still comes off better to me then the straight up amp. Of course the Kemper has the advantage of being recorded through a Neve mic pre and a Blue Stripe 1176 comp. And those boxes stamped their footprint on the tone as well. So the dry amp is a bit dull sounding in comparison to me anyway. Also the eq in the Kemper that I've done really helps grow the tone. My output Volume is on 2.9. Now when I get into rehearsals Monday I don't know what's going to happen as I can't really answer your question as this is my first go round with the Kemper live. But so far by myself anyway I dig it. I'm not using the normal pedals I go through for the A/B comparison but those pedals don't change the tone that much. I use a Divided by 13 lift which is fantastic and an MXR Carbon Copy also amazing but they aren't going to change the tone THAT much. So yeah at this point the Kemper is winning the live test. And I'm surprised by that actually as my amps rule.

• Also I'm using a Hafler pro 1200 in mono down to 4 ohms cause all my cabs are wired to 4 ohms. The Hafler is bad ass. THis is my new live club rig. No foot switch yet though I will probably jus do the gig without one. I really only use 2 sounds anyway. Crunch and less crunch. Would be nice to be abel to switch sounds though for a lead tone here and there. And i LOVE that clean 100 tone by Tills I think it is. Amazingly 80's expensive sounding clean tone. I wish I coud switch to that for the ballads. I think its a Rivera head.

I'm sure you have a 1/4" footswitch for a channel switching Marshall or equivalent... you can use this to change channels with the Kemper.

Pete