Noob question: how should I think about profiles that are specified as humbucker vs. single coil?

• I am a new Kemper user (had it just a week!) Only using headphones so far - a pair of ADAM A7x, as well as a Kabinet are all in the mail and coming soon.

I'm just about to start purchasing some profiles (going to figure out Rig Manager tonight!)

So here are my questions on this:

1) What does it even mean to specify a profile as HB vs. single coil? I thought a profile was amp/cab/mic, so I don't see how the guitar factors in?

2) Does it mean that the amp settings were just set in a way that the person who made the profile thought was optimized for HB or SC?

3) How much do people find that this matters? Are people able to tweak to get good tones when using the 'opposite' type of guitar? Or is it recommended to get HB profiles if you are playing with ab HB? I know the answer is 'let your ears decide.' But just want to know what the general recommendation is.

Thanks!

• It's nothing but an indication from the person who made the profile that the tonal sweet spot of the amp had been found using that specific pickup setting. Also, some take into account the output difference between HB/SC and adjust the volume of the rig accordingly so that their pack is balanced volume-wise. By all means, you can feel free to disregard if you want (but might need to compensate with some tweaks - ie: a profile labelled for single coils could appear too loud if used with a humbucker guitar, etc.) I personally just follow the creator's recommendation just for the sake of saving time tweaking.

• It's nothing but an indication from the person who made the profile that the tonal sweet spot of the amp had been found using that specific pickup setting. Also, some take into account the output difference between HB/SC and adjust the volume of the rig accordingly so that their pack is balanced volume-wise. By all means, you can feel free to disregard if you want (but might need to compensate with some tweaks - ie: a profile labelled for single coils could appear too loud if used with a humbucker guitar, etc.) I personally just follow the creator's recommendation just for the sake of saving time tweaking.

Cool, that makes sense - thanks!