I pre-ordered AmpliTube 5

• I found GTR5 easy to use and you could dial in a "few" good high gain tones on it, but you still did not get the string response that I was desperately missing that Kemper gave me. I like the hearing the "human factor" on a recording. Most all those other digital modelers always sound like each pick attack or each chord is just a loop of the previous one.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I found GTR5 easy to use and you could dial in a "few" good high gain tones on it, but you still did not get the string response that I was desperately missing that Kemper gave me. I like the hearing the "human factor" on a recording. Most all those other digital modelers always sound like each pick attack or each chord is just a loop of the previous one.

What is GTR5? Do you mean Guitar Rig 5, the 10 year old software? Or maybe I didn't get it?

This is about the new Amplitube 5!

• I also tried the alll new Amplitube 5. I have been using Amplitube since the very beginning, but moved forward with other amp sims over time, until I got the kemper of course. But wow; A5 really sounds amazing. The ability to use more amps at the same time is awesome when they sound this realistic. Great stuff.

• What is GTR5? Do you mean Guitar Rig 5, the 10 year old software? Or maybe I didn't get it?

This is about the new Amplitube 5!

Yes... old like the Kemper. ;)

Yes, this is about Amplitube 5, and Guitar Rig 5 sounds the same - digital. That's my argument.

You're welcome.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks Ibot39 ! nice review!

You're seriously tempting me!

I'll also check Your Mesa profile but mostly I'm interested in Speaker's/Cab's managment

• Its not easy for me to use my Kemper at home so I use amplitube 4. I've never been happy with the sound, I only like the Engl Powerball and cab, everything else to me sounds fizzy/odd. I caveat this with I use the lite version with custom shop amps so I have limited adjustment

This review is really interesting, just hope its not cost prohibitive :).

I do get lost a bit in their model so any advice on how to purchase without buying the whole lot would be useful!

• To me it sounds like the real thing(s), but I might be wrong. ;)

I've never had those amps and I'm not used to play Rigs created by mixing 2 completely different signal chian,.. said that.. the profile Doesn't sound bad at all.

just a bit too Loud for my tastes but ..it's a good sound! Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

anyway there's a strange background noise, .. rithmic in some way.. you can listen if you turn back all the way down to 0 the Noise Gate intesity control and You turn the Master Output up.

I don't know how You got, it would be interesting to understand, that but it's not me (my studio)

it's only audible in that profile.

listen:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(of course it's not SO loud.. I've pumped it up so that You can listen more easyly

Edited 2 times, last by Sollazzon: added audio sample of background noise ().

• Hmm that sure does sound like my strat... ;) that's weird... i have no clue how that happened..

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• External Content youtu.be

• I have Amplitude 4 with the free upgrade. I am pretty impressed. As a classic rocker ala old school Aerosmith 70s - 80s classic rock and metal ( Scorps, Priest, Maiden, Saxon ) I think IKM Amplitude nails it easily. Best of all you can hit a power cord and let it ring out and you don't get that horrible digital fizzle on the tail end of the fade,
    If you have IKM 4/5 try the Tube Vintage combo with its 2x12 cab ( Pres - 4oclock, Vol - 3oclock ) add the BOSS DS-1 ( Tone - 3oclock, Dis-off/7oclock, Level-2oclock)
    I love it. For me its a classic rock sound heard through the 70s and 80s try it, you'll love it